Heart rate

Options
nyy03
nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
OK, so if my resting HR is 38 bpm what should my target HR be or maximum be?

Replies

• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    38bpm? That seem VERY low - like it's not even registering on this chart that shows fitness levels:

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/heart-rate-resting-chart.htm

Are you sure that's correct?!
  • nyy03
    Options
    Yeah had an ultrasound and an echo done. Say as I'm quite active they are not concerned, they being the doctors. It's apparently normal in active people to have a low HR.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Were you sleeping sitting up... LOL I'm just being silly but that does seem low. :tongue:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    sounds like you're in good shape then!

For me, my resting bpm is around 66, and my "target zone" hr is 124-164 bpm. At the minute, my c25k jogs put my hr up to 164 when jogging, though if I push into a heavy sprint it can go as high as 190 for short bursts. Use your comfort level as a good guage when exercising I would say - our bodies are the best machine we'll ever have when it comes to exercise :)
  • nyy03
    Options
    Thanks. Just curious though. When I'm running my max HR is usually 145. I wasn't sure if that was OK. But after looking online it seems to be in the 65-85%. :) it's called Bradycardia or athletes heart. I find it funny as I've never considered myself an athlete. LOL