easter pig out???? help!

Options
okay so i just ran about 4 miles down the road this morning and had a breakfast of pancakes but, i also added some candy in my daily count from the kids having easter egg candy. So my question is that if i already exercised for that 4 miles today, can i have dessert like oreo torte and eat a big family meal for dinner today without gaining any weight???

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    That all depends on the calories.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    you can eat your daily calories PLUS workout calories
    so pre=plan your dinner and desserts then you can work in lunch if you haven't already had lunch

and pre-planning can help if you need to tweak any amounts ( like more veggies and a lil less on the other sides)
  • Judyph6
    Judyph6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    measure your food for easter dinner but try using a smaller plate...the eyes are deceiving...it looks like more but it isnt...try eating 1/2 the desert so you arent denying yourself and you will feel proud of doing it. Good luck and happy easter

mudpoutjoe
  • emmoryz
    emmoryz Posts: 20
    Options
    thanks everyone for the edvice :)
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying and enjoy yourself. One day won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Just eat until you're content, which means until you're satisfied not until you're going to explode. It's just one day. Take it easy, relax, and have fun.
  • emmoryz
    Options
    alright, i will enjoy today. it's a holiday anyways right? it should be about eating whatever and having fun with the family. thank you!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You could change your MFP settings to lose 0.5 pound this week, or to maintenance if you're already on that, that way you get some extra calories. :) I've worked out my maintenance calories and as long as I net at or below that, then I'm not going to worry.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Today is a holiday...enjoy it, spend time with family, get back on track tomorrow!
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    Stop worrying and enjoy yourself. One day won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Just eat until you're content, which means until you're satisfied not until you're going to explode. It's just one day. Take it easy, relax, and have fun.

Pretty much this, just always keep in mind, if you have an addictive personality. Know the long term goal you are trying to accomplish so you don't go off track.

Also - this dude i quoted, i really like his (your) posts.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    You can do ANYTHING you want, it's your life. Don't let other people control it for you!!!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I personally will not sabotage all my hard work with one meal. Stay within your goals and you should be fine.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    one day wont kill you.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a day where you can splurge as long as you dont make it a habit. Enjoy your food today, and get back to it tom.
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I couldn't have said it better. It is a holiday, take the day to enjoy yourself and be with family. :happy:
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    one day wont kill you.

^^This.^^

Might I recommend searching "Holiday Pass" in the food data base... Yeah, that was put there by a good friend. I added "Birthday Pass" as well. There are some days when it's ok to take a little break from all the counting. Just don't go crazy. Watch your portions and eat lots of veggies.

You might see a slight increase on the scale for a couple days (added food in your guts and extra salt) but it will go away.

Relax, enjoy your holiday.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I personally will not sabotage all my hard work with one meal. Stay within your goals and you should be fine.

You're mistaken. You won't sabotage your hard work with one meal.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

You're mistaken. You won't sabotage your hard work with one meal.

we will have to agree to disagree
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    okay so i just ran about 4 miles down the road this morning and had a breakfast of pancakes but, i also added some candy in my daily count from the kids having easter egg candy. So my question is that if i already exercised for that 4 miles today, can i have dessert like oreo torte and eat a big family meal for dinner today without gaining any weight???
    Okay I hope I don't sound patronising, but you can overeat without gaining any REAL weight every now and again, I mean plenty of people do it don't they? My ex used to do it every saturday, he called it his 'feast day' lol, he never gained any weight from it.
    If you weigh in and the scale goes up it's because the food is still being emptied lol, so it's just water weight and will go back down soon.
    Enjoy today with your children, it only comes around once a year, life is for living:) xxx
  • emmoryz
    Options
    everyone is making me feel so much better :)