Need some help here...

Options
2»

Replies

• nevaeh1984
    Options
    Along with keeping your weight registered (spreadsheet or MFP) I would suggest you measure up every 8 or 15 days. I have been doing this since the beginning and it's my main motivator... I measure around the arm, under the belly button, one leg (at the top) and around my hips. I also take pictures at milestones (5, 10, 15% weight loss).

As for the scale giving you random numbers in a few seconds... Does it do this even when you DON'T move it? I have a digital scale that does all the whatnots (weight, water, muscle, fat) and it DOES give me different results IF I move it 2cm to the left/right/up/down but it doesn't give me different results if I get on and off several times without moving it.

Also, my weight fluctuates ALOT: TOM, Sodium, sleep, going to the toilet etc all make it a mess. That's why I only check-in twice a month. I'd say keep going and don't stress out, it'll "fall into place". Just make sure you are eating enough and being healthy in general, your body will follow suit.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you are netting 1200 calories and are not losing weight maybe that calorie amount is wrong for your body. Is that where you started, or did you recently reduce to 1200 net?
  • BrionyTallis
    BrionyTallis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you it helped me very much it is the best explanation I have read. I read others and knew it to be true but truly did not understand why.
  • court617
    court617 Posts: 65
    Options
    I have tried so many different websites to try to find out exact numbers that I should be paying attention to. The one I just used now is saying:

Estimated Base BMR: 1402 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 1928 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1428 Calories.

Is it possible to enter these numbers exactly into MFP? I feel like I'm eating better in general. 1200 calories was OK for me, but I'm thinking that does mean I was eating too much sodium since I'm getting a lot of low fat/nonfat food and frozen food... those are usually high in sodium.

Even if I just got down to 150 before my vacation at the end of June I'd feel better. It's frustrating because I'm a runner so I know I'm burning calories, now it just makes me nervous that I'm burning too much/not eating enough... it seems too complicated. If I run and burn calories weight should just come off... end of story! I'm not great at balancing the eating and the working out and the numbers. I guess I just need to figure out how to deal with everything at the same time.

I really appreciate everyone's help!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many different websites to try to find out exact numbers that I should be paying attention to. The one I just used now is saying:

Estimated Base BMR: 1402 Calories.
    Estimated TDEE: 1928 Calories.
    Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1428 Calories.

Is it possible to enter these numbers exactly into MFP? I feel like I'm eating better in general. 1200 calories was OK for me, but I'm thinking that does mean I was eating too much sodium since I'm getting a lot of low fat/nonfat food and frozen food... those are usually high in sodium.

Even if I just got down to 150 before my vacation at the end of June I'd feel better. It's frustrating because I'm a runner so I know I'm burning calories, now it just makes me nervous that I'm burning too much/not eating enough... it seems too complicated. If I run and burn calories weight should just come off... end of story! I'm not great at balancing the eating and the working out and the numbers. I guess I just need to figure out how to deal with everything at the same time.

I really appreciate everyone's help!

Go to goals - Change goals - custom.

you can change your calories and your % of protein/fat/carbs.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can give any suggestions other than what's already here, but I feel where you're coming from. I started at a gym four weeks ago, I lost 4 lbs the first week (pretty sure it was ALL water) went up 3 the second week, refused to weigh in the third week, got on a scale today and back up where I started a month ago.
    I reminded myself that I am gaining muscle so that may be part of it. Another thought I had was that I was miscalculating the calories I am burning so I ordered a heart monitor watch with a calorie calculator that will calculate the number of calories I am burning (it apparently will calculate the calories I consume as well, so we'll see.) And I'm going to double check the calories I'm consuming on my food tracker to see if I can't get a better handle on it.
    Best of luck to you!!!