300 calories over today, how should I get rid of them?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD advice.
    [/quote]

Yes, as bad as the original question.
    [/quote]

He was asking a question - do him the courtesy of answering without giving really bad advice (whether in jest or not). For all you know, he could have taken your 'advice' and other people reading it also. If this was a joke it was in very poor taste.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    duh!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    It's easter, a few extra on a holiday won't hurt...just dont go over tomorrow :)
  • akkbatra
    akkbatra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD advice.

[/quote]

He was asking a question - do him the courtesy of answering without giving really bad advice (whether in jest or not). For all you know, he could have taken your 'advice' and other people reading it also. If this was a joke it was in very poor taste.
    [/quote]

I am serious. It's not as harmful as running, jogging or treadmill after a meal.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Either start moving or accept it and do better tomorrow! One day won't hurt you that badly. Trust me, I was off the rails for 4 days last week and went WAY over +300 each one of those days. 3 days later, I'm back within 1/2 lb of my lowest weight. Things happen, just don't give up because of it.

Also, remember that if you're set up to loose 1 lb per week, MFP is already putting you at a 500 cal per day deficit. So you're really still 200 cal under your "maintenance" calories.

You'll be fine if you decide to just let it be... but if it's bugging you that much, get up and get moving!

Good luck. Jen
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it, and if you are bothered just aim for 300cal less the next day, or make up for it with an extra long workout the day after. Weight doesn't pile on right away if you go over your cals, you can still make up for it the following day or 2.

Don't be guilty, take it as a learning experience (what did I eat wrong today that I can improve on tomorrow) and start again. Sweet as.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD advice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am serious. It's not as harmful as running, jogging or treadmill after a meal.
    [/quote]

I am really confused now as to what you are trying to say.

Anyway, its terrible advice - you are basically encouraging bulimia. Which is contrary to the forum rules.
  • Deutsche1999
    Options
    purging, enema and others mentioned are terrible advise... those are all unhealthy alternatives and teach eating disorder behaviors
  • akkbatra
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD advice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyway, its terrible advice - you are basically encouraging bulimia. Which is contrary to the forum rules.
    [/quote]
  • akkbatra
    Options
    BAD BAD BAD advice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I was not aware about such practice in bulimia. Sorry I say, if so is the case.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    eat a chocolate bunny!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I expect you were under by a few for the rest of the week, so it will all even out - don't worry about it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sell them!!! :tongue:
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    hot sweaty sex :-)
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you or all the advice people.

I cannot see what the 'bad bad bad advice' is... has it been removed by moderators? What was the bad bad bad advice (could someone send me a private message with it if it's not appropriate to post it)?

As for the suggestions of sex, it depends very much on whether my wife wants to engage in coitus or not. Give that she recently said she didn't want sex because my weight put her off, I think that is unlikely to happen tonight.

Instead, I plumped for 40 minutes or so of dancing around like an idiot on the Xbox Kinect.

I'm reluctant to just 'let a day go' because I am quite new at this and I feel I NEED to stick to it. If I'd let one day slip, I know I'd've let more slip in the future.

Anyway, thanks again for the advice.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i would race around a track on a bicycle
  • Genevieve207
    Genevieve207 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't think that's bad advice at all. As long as you have a consenting partner having sex is a great workout, it's good cardio and strength training depending on your style, it releases all kinds of happy chemicals in your brain and is really a great form of exercise. Sex isn't a dirty or ridiculous idea (we all do it.) If you're in a happy, healthy relationship enjoy that workout!
  • sueframe
    sueframe Posts: 3
    Options
    you can easily burn that off by going up and down some stairs, a 30 minute bike ride, skip rope for 15 mins....you just need to get off your *kitten* and do something about it now, you'll feel so much better! just do it. don't make excuses, they're not your friend.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm over about the same amount.
    I'm just relaxing on the couch and watching tv.
    I've learned from past experience not to sweat it anymore.
    I just get back to business tomorrow.
    I had 3 days where I went over 3000 calories and nothing awful happened. I lost weight that week.

Don't fret. You'll be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I'm sorry but I don't think that's bad advice at all. As long as you have a consenting partner having sex is a great workout, it's good cardio and strength training depending on your style, it releases all kinds of happy chemicals in your brain and is really a great form of exercise. Sex isn't a dirty or ridiculous idea (we all do it.) If you're in a happy, healthy relationship enjoy that workout!

The bad advice comment was about something totally different - nothing to do with sex - in fact it was such bad advice, the post was deleted.