need some encouragement

Options
what is the longest plateau you have ever had? going on 3 weeks losing and gaining the same 2 pounds... i'm not thinking about giving up, but i am feeling discouraged.

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Hmm, is your body measurements changing?
    Are you becoming more fit?
    At the end of the day, weight is just a portion of health.
    I've been bouncing between 210 and 225 for years.
    But, I'm getting noticeably healthier.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Did you just start 3 weeks ago? Were you losing weight before then?
    Sometimes your body just needs some time to adjust.
    I haven't experienced it myself, but I've seen several other posts here that indicated when they hit weigh plateaus, they were still losing inches (and vice versa).
    Did you originally gain all the weight you're trying to lose in just 3 weeks? I bet not, and even when you were gaining, I bet there were dips occasionally. Our body weight fluctuates for many reasons.
    It's worth trying to figure out if there's a reason for your plateau, but sometimes they just happen. (Not very helpful.)
  • brenjm48
    brenjm48 Posts: 18
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Your body is probably just trying to figure stuff out. Focus on how much healthier and physically fitter your becoming. Don't place to much emphasise on just a couple of pounds - good luck
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    Just keep going, it is worth it I promise you! Your body will see hard times but dont get discouraged just say to yourself you can do it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    Nine months. Nine. argh.
  • rmh21
    rmh21 Posts: 7
    Options
    i started about 8 weeks ago, but no during the last 2 weeks my measurements haven't changed. i have lost about 13-15 pounds so far
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    3 weeks then I got the hang of this losing weight thing!!

Mainly protein and fruit/veg small carbs for 5 days then carbs/fruit/veg for 1 day with no protein and repeat.

Now I lose 1lb a week which is what I aim for
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a protein shake for breakfast and go from there for a week, that will boost your weight. Watch out for high carbs, fatty foods, and sodas. My friend did the protein shake and it helped her lose 40 pounds.
  • rmh21
    rmh21 Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks all