Low Calorie Snacks

Options
Any ideas on some low calorie snacks?! (about 100 calories or less). I am only allowed 1,360 calories, but am hungry all the time! I think it is more the desire to munch on something than anything. I'm getting sick of baby carrots... Help! :)

Replies

• pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I love either low-cal yogurt or pudding with cut up fruit in it...yum.
    Also, if you're craving carbs or something sweet there are plenty of 100 cal snacks at the grocery store. cheese with apples...
    popcorn...
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    apples w/ peanut butter, cottage cheese with pb, sugar free jello cups, cream cheese and fat free ham slices, cheese cubes - what i've been living on! lol..... :laugh:

if you're not watching carbs so much, just calories - there are 100 calorie packs of everything nowadays- baked cheetos, nestle stixx, hostess products, even candy like 3 musketeers!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    how could i forget - almonds!!!
  • jlarchi
    jlarchi Posts: 1
    Options
    I started eating things like frozen grapes, strawberries, air popped popcorn, hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, carrots, humus, celery with 1 tbsp. peanut butter, a handful of almonds, sliced chicken breast, protein shakes, cucumbers, lowfat yogurt, string cheese, apples, sometimes plain cottage cheese.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I recently found trader joe's beef jerky--very nice! 70 cals in 1 oz serving
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    gerber's graduates
    sounds crazy but YUM!
    especially the strawberry yogurt melts
    and the sweet potato cereal stuff

kid stuff rocks
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with berries

greek yogurt
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love almonds and pistachios. I even found some seasoned almonds in the chip aisle. Blue Diamond makes wasabi and soy almonds that are to die for! So good (if you like wasabi, they definitely have some kick)!

Also, babybell has the little mini cheese thingys and, of course, laughing cow cheese wedges-only 35 cals each!-with some whole wheat crackers. Yum!
  • cooperdog24
    Options
    Take unsweetened appleauce and put it in a 12 in baking pan. Mix in the juice of one lemon and freeze. Once frozen you can take a fork and scrape it - kind of turns into an icee.. Then you can put a topping on it. Use nonfat frozen yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon and 2 T of whole maple syrup (or you can use the sugar free kind as well). Yummy!
  • cooperdog24
    Options
    ake unsweetened appleauce and put it in a 12 in baking pan. Mix in the juice of one lemon and freeze. Once frozen you can take a fork and scrape it - kind of turns into an icee.. Then you can put a topping on it. Use nonfat yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon and 2 T of whole maple syrup (or you can use the sugar free kind as well). Yummy!

Ooops...put frozen yogurt on the first one - meant regular yogurt.
  • jazzyjules2004
    jazzyjules2004 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Kellogg Protein shakes are really good and they really do fill you up for a while... Vanilla and Chocolate and I think a 12oz bottle is 120 calories...Make sure they're extra cold and enjoy!
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Cocoa Roasted Almonds, found in the 100 cal. pack, and "Ants on a Log" w/ a smudge of peanut butter have made a come back in my diet.
  • Scubachick
    Options
    Dizzy blonde newbee here - I thought that nuts and peanut butter realy high in cals? As a vegetarian I use nuts as a meat substitute and you wouldn't snack on a stake! I have been avoiding nuts and its been a real sacrifice. If I do add nuts to a meal its only about 10 peanuts (dry roasted or salted) at a time.

I like to have a little something with my tea/ coffee. Rice cakes with the thinnest scraping of chocolate spread or honey is a good alternative to bickies (Cookies for the US folks!). Low Cal museli bars are also great.

For a hot snack a tin of tomatoes heated up with some veg, herbs and spices makes a great soup.

Crackers with low fat "triangle" cheese. The brand in Ireland is Laughing Cow - not sure if that's international. They do a full fat, half fat and not fat version.