Tricking your body into thinking its full

Options
Always824
Always824 Posts: 111 Member
Aside from drinking water, is there any other methods of tricking your body into thinking its full?
Please lemme know if you know any :)

Replies

• Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not really tricking your body but it gets me through the day when I'm feeling hungry - I just take 1 small scoop of peanut butter (high in protein and good fats). I also chew gum sometimes, which helps a bit.
  • Rover234
    Rover234 Posts: 17
    Options
    Increasing your fiber intake and water intake...does the trick for me!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    For me it's not about tricking myself - it's actually realising I'm full already! When I started I was registering full at stuffing point, but now I can acknowledge feeling full way before that (doesn't mean I don't still stuff myself, but I'm getting better at not doing it!)

Making food last longer by paying more attention to it - putting down your cutlery in between mouthfuls, chewing food more consciously, taking a sip of water in between mouthfuls. And not being afraid to push a partially filled plate away from you if you think you might already be full - after all you can always go back to it if it turns out 20 mins later you ARE actually still hungry, right?
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eating water dense foods (lettuce, bell or sweet peppers, strawberries, canteloupe, snow peas). They fill you up and don't have a lot of calories.
  • Always824
    Options
    Balanced 27: Definitely going to try the water dense foods,,, thank you :)

Kaned_Ferret: I actually had a bad problem with making sure all the food on the plate was eaten because there are starving kids that wish they could be eating what I'm eating lol (what parents always told me when I was full but had extra stuff on my plate then it actually became a habit)... But I have learned that theres a difference between being stuffed and being content so I have no problem pushing back a plate... I guess Im trying to cut in half the feeling of being content... But thanks for the extra tips (putting down cutlery between mouthfuls) :)

Rover 234: Definitely going to look up fiber foods and try that out, thanks :)

Luka: OMG how I wish i could just have one small scoop haha... will definitely try the gum chewing tho,,, thank you
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    Eat vegetables in general. Last week I made an entire pan of sauteed vegetables that was under 200 calories. It was a challenge to eat it all.
  • billthekill
    Options
    Buy some Shiritaki Noodles. (Zero Calories)

I usually make saimin with it.

My recipe:
    Chicken stock (10 calories)
    Hot Thai Curry Paste (10 calories)
    Bean Sprouts (15 calories)
    Whole egg (70 calories)
    Chinese Cabbage (15 calories)
    Shiritake Noodles (0 calories)
    White Pepper
    Salt

120 calories (Or only 50 with no eggs)

It's just as filling as a big bowl of regular siamin.

I notice that you are from Aiea, HI :)
    Don Quijote is having a sale on the noodles; 99 cents a pakage. Just saw it on Sundays Ad.
    They have them next to the tofu I think.
  • chairperson
    Options

My recipe:
    Chicken stock (10 calories)
    Hot Thai Curry Paste (10 calories)
    Bean Sprouts (15 calories)
    Whole egg (70 calories)
    Chinese Cabbage (15 calories)
    Shiritake Noodles (0 calories)
    White Pepper
    Salt

120 calories (Or only 50 with no eggs)

Oh wow. I want to eat this SO bad. Added to the grocery list (in my head).
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    bulk plate with lots of fruit and veg or lower cal foods struggle to eat it all but not that high in cals
  • Always824
    Options
    Byrd: Not really a veggie eater... I can eat some like uncooked cabbage, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and broccoli ... maybe i'll try ur suggestion out with those... thank you :)

Bill: Man that recipe looks awesome,,, thing is I gave up gluten & dont like hott,,, If i can find a gluten free noodle which Im sure I know a place I will definitely try out your recipe for my fiance,,, thank you for your help :)

Tracey: will definitely give it a go with the fruits :) , thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!