SUGGESTION - POLE DANCING CLASS!!!!

Options
sooo i took my first pole dancing class at the gym last night and WOW was it FUN!!!!!!! i only made it 20 minutes but i'm sure next time i'll be able to go longer....

i read up online it burns around 400 calories an hour, and BOY WHAT A FUN WAY TO BURN CALORIES!!!!!!! bigtime suggestion for anyone looking to have fun working out.

it's not just spinning on a pole either, alot of it is squatting and movin that booty, shakin n dancing

Replies

• Zephyr36608
    Options
    That is AWSOME! You sound like me--looking for ways to burn calories, and get exercise while having FUN!!! I belong to meetup.com and where I live there are LOTS of groups for our area on there and I'm now walking with a fun group, doing yoga and workouts with another and signed up last week for a Latin Salsa class. Also found some folks who like to roller skate, even at our age, and a small group of us went skating about 2 weeks ago. Anything fun to make it enjoyable, add in some social time and burn calories---I'm all for that!!
    Interestingly I've never seen a 'pole dancing' class but I bet it would be fun and something you could do that would make you feel all sexy to boot! LMAO

Have fun and keep it up! I'd love to hear any other fun exercise ideas you come up with down the road!
    Zephyr:flowerforyou:
  • proctor0828
    Options
    We have a pole dancing class down the street... I've been interested in it... Maybe I'll try it.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing? Is that the Maypole (with ribbons and children weaving around each other) pole dancing, or do you mean the clothing optional, sexy lady dancing? :blushing: :happy:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I grabbed a flyer from a place that does pole dancing classes. It just opened a month ago, the girl who does my facials used to dance in Arizona... And now she does it here, only teaching. I've been trying to talk DH into paying for it for me, since he can reap the benefits too:wink: but he's not goin' for it yet.
  • yentasdoitbetter
    yentasdoitbetter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    the sexy lady dancing...lol

bumpin n grinding with a stripper pole lol
  • yentasdoitbetter
    Options
    That is AWSOME! You sound like me--looking for ways to burn calories, and get exercise while having FUN!!! I belong to meetup.com and where I live there are LOTS of groups for our area on there and I'm now walking with a fun group, doing yoga and workouts with another and signed up last week for a Latin Salsa class. Also found some folks who like to roller skate, even at our age, and a small group of us went skating about 2 weeks ago. Anything fun to make it enjoyable, add in some social time and burn calories---I'm all for that!!
    Interestingly I've never seen a 'pole dancing' class but I bet it would be fun and something you could do that would make you feel all sexy to boot! LMAO

Have fun and keep it up! I'd love to hear any other fun exercise ideas you come up with down the road!
    Zephyr:flowerforyou:

ohhh rollerskating! that sounds like a really good idea! im sure i can get my girlfriends to go! lol thanks for the idea!
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    A lady who use to work at my job took pole dancing classes and she actually got addicted to it. She bought a pole for her house. Then she almost lost her marriage behind it because her husband was cool with it but as they improved they got ribbons and stuff then next thing you know she was going to do a show at the local strip club for a promotion the dance studio was doing to show all the moves and to see if they can get new students.

Sad to say she did it and her husband left for awhile.

Now I am not saying this is not a good work out because she looked hot but I think she went over board with it.

I really think her class was a set up to turn these girls into strippers so research and see what your club is about
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Now I am not saying this is not a good work out because she looked hot but I think she went over board with it.

I really think her class was a set up to turn these girls into strippers so research and see what your club is about

I don't think that would be an issue where we live... There aren't any strip bars around, I think the closest is 3 hours!
  • yentasdoitbetter
    Options
    A lady who use to work at my job took pole dancing classes and she actually got addicted to it. She bought a pole for her house. Then she almost lost her marriage behind it because her husband was cool with it but as they improved they got ribbons and stuff then next thing you know she was going to do a show at the local strip club for a promotion the dance studio was doing to show all the moves and to see if they can get new students.

Sad to say she did it and her husband left for awhile.

haha thats a pretty funny story...it's a personal trainer who teaches these classes, that also teaches a bunch of other aerobic classes so i doubt thats the case at my gym but thanks for the story! very amusing