Need opinions about adding NROLW workouts to existing workou

Options
mathen2
mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
For those doing NROLW, I need opinions. I know the NROLW is different, but what if you were doing strength training with your own body weight, kettlebells/barbells etc?
I am training with a PT 2x a week, doing a circuit training workout on another day and some cardio (if I have time for it) twice a week. I am already sore from my workouts as my trainer changes the workouts to incorporate muscle confusion with plyometrics, strength training etc... Not sure adding NROLW will make me more sore than I am with my workouts. Advice?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    For those doing NROLW, I need opinions. I know the NROLW is different, but what if you were doing strength training with your own body weight, kettlebells/barbells etc?
    I am training with a PT 2x a week, doing a circuit training workout on another day and some cardio (if I have time for it) twice a week. I am already sore from my workouts as my trainer changes the workouts to incorporate muscle confusion with plyometrics, strength training etc... Not sure adding NROLW will make me more sore than I am with my workouts. Advice?
    well with nrol4w, you'd be working out with heavy weights that you increase with just about every workout. soreness means that your body needs to recover. adding more to that wouldnt be a good idea, depending on what your goals were.

for instance if your goal was to develop strength then adding nrol to your current routine would be counterproductive.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am looking to reduce my body fat % and increase my muscle mass. So gaining strength is definitely part of it.