Always Hungry After Dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your BMI at that weight? For some reason that seems a little low in weight, but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

For 5'9, my BMI at my goal of 126 would be about 18.5
    But admittedly, I am half an inch over 5'9 and have dropped to 122/123 at the moment, so don't know my exact BMI now. even eating chocolate as well as my healthy stuff.

Well with those numbers your BMI is 17.9 which is in the underweight category. I suggest upping your calories and planning your meals out a little more rigidly. Including the calories that you intend to burn exercising and timing it around those exercises!

You're too small! Eat! and Enjoy it!
  • DSCLBD
    DSCLBD Posts: 40
    Options
    A glass of water with metamucil is always enough to give that satisfied feeling as the fibre expands in your belly. I think it's only worth 20 cal for a tsp of Metamicil Orange (the smooth one) as well :)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your BMI at that weight? For some reason that seems a little low in weight, but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

But admittedly, I am half an inch over 5'9 and have dropped to 122/123 at the moment, so don't know my exact BMI now. even eating chocolate as well as my healthy stuff.

Well with those numbers your BMI is 17.9 which is in the underweight category. I suggest upping your calories and planning your meals out a little more rigidly. Including the calories that you intend to burn exercising and timing it around those exercises!

You're too small! Eat! and Enjoy it!

Thanks, I shall try and eat more or exercise less, though I love my cycling, I must admit, as I am pretty sedentary the rest of the day and the cycling wakes me up a bit.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

So naturally your BMI is lower than 18.5. Typically anything under 18.5 is considered underweight and at risk for health problems. Maybe you need to reevaluate your weight. Your body is hungry because it is being forced to be smaller than your natural healthy weight. Since you're only maintaining, eating healthy snacks when you're hungry is not going to make you gain weight.

Heck, I'm 5'4" and 125 is my goal weight....
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    You may also want to eat all of your fat cals...proven to aid in satiety.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    You may also want to eat all of your fat cals...proven to aid in satiety.

Yes, I find that part hard as I dont tend to use any oil to cook in. I have full fat milk in my drinks though, I just don't tend to log those. I tend to only hit my fat quota when I have peanut butter or nuts and seeds, but I tend to go overboard on those once I get started so I stopped buying them in. I will be having avocado more soon so that will add some healthy fats.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    A hodgepodge of possibilities...

I've been told that chocolate cravings sometimes come from dehydration. (Remember regular tea can be a diarrhetic.)

Since you're also low on fats, maybe about 5 chocolate covered almonds as a snack? Some warm milk and chocolate?

Are you still losing weight instead of stabilizing? Maybe you really aren't eating enough.

And remember that "not feeling full" is not the same as being hungry. It may take awhile to get used to not having food in your stomach all your waking hours.
  • graelwyn
    Options
    A hodgepodge of possibilities...

I've been told that chocolate cravings sometimes come from dehydration. (Remember regular tea can be a diarrhetic.)

Since you're also low on fats, maybe about 5 chocolate covered almonds as a snack? Some warm milk and chocolate?

Are you still losing weight instead of stabilizing? Maybe you really aren't eating enough.

And remember that "not feeling full" is not the same as being hungry. It may take awhile to get used to not having food in your stomach all your waking hours.

I would eat things like chocolate coated almonds, but the issue is, I wouldn't be able to stop at 5, lol. If I enjoy something, it is hard to stop once I start..though I am working on that.

I am not sure if I am losing weight. I had a load of chocolate the other day, and managed to lost half a pound still and am still down half a pound. I was 126 about a week ago, and have dropped to 122.8. I am sure cycling cannot use that much energy, as I am eating 2000 calories or more a lot of days.