Breakfast Muffins

Options
I've been scouring the web looking for low-cat, low-fat ideas for breakfast. I have a horrible habit of skipping this 'most important meal of the day', and when I do eat, its usually Coco-Pops, Coco-Shreddies, or any other high-sugar, chocolate cereal.

I really struggle to eat a lot first thing in the morning - bananas and yoghurts make me gag, so they're out, so I've been on a quest.

On my search, I've had breakfast muffins pop up frequently. They look tasty, and the websites claim that they're under 250kcal, but my brain cannot get over the idea of a MUFFIN being a suitable breakfast food.

Would you guys recommend them? And if not, what other alternatives do you suggest for filling me up?

Thanks in advance!

(just realised, I've said thanks, and it might not even get any replies. oh no!)

Replies

• BeckyFisher1954
    BeckyFisher1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You could try Vita Muffins. They're muffin tops that are loaded with protein and fiber...very filling! You'll find them in the frozen food section. Or you could search for a recipe and make your own. I've tried several varieties and some are pretty dry tasting, but the apple cinnamon ones are good. If you like chocolate ( sounds like you DO) there are chocolate flavors and there is also a Vita Brownie. An option for you...good luck!
    ~Becky
  • CShepherd91
    Options
    I've never heard of those VITA muffins! I'm from the UK, so I wonder if they would be available here, but I will definitely keep my eye out! I found a lovely looking recipe for some Apple and Raspberry ones! And according to the recipe, they only clock in at 207kcal. I think I'm going to go out and get the ingredients and give them a try! Hopefully my skills at making Victoria Sponge Cake, will translate to healthy breakfast meals! :P
  • Kristy161089
    Options
    Are you a fan of eggs? If so, why not make frittata muffins. I mix a few eggs with some ham or chicken, mushrooms, onion and capsicum (use any veges you like) with some herbs and pour mixture into muffin tins. Delicious!