40, is it really the start?

Options
stevewynjones
stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
Well it happened...:sad: The big 40!

So is this the start? Does life really begin now? :ohwell:

I mean, it's not like I'm going to run out and buy a red sportscar, a leather jacket and date a bimbo.....

( To anyone concerned about this post..it's a light hearted take on the old adage. Nothing deeper!)

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It's a start, I guess. I quit smoking when I was 40, best thing I ever did, I only wish I had done it years earlier. 5 years later I am in better physical shape than I have ever been and feel great. I am not willing to age gracefully and plan on kicking and screaming my way there...
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    It doesnt feel like the 'start':grumble:
    I'll be 39 early June..lots of my GF hit the BIG 4-0 this year...I feel its ugly head looming...
    But if getting a young stud muffin, buying a porsche and wearing some leather is going to make me feel better...I'm game
    :bigsmile: :wink:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 on the 19th.....sigh....I don't know what to think about it.
  • hbrv47
    hbrv47 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well why not go and buy the red sports car? ...just don't date bimbos :) Us smart women would be offended!!
    I plan on buying a red vespa (no kids allowed on that thing). I was anxious about 30 because it sounded daunting ... but 40? BRING IT ON!!! I think you just realize who you are and are able to stick to your convictions more due to experience....all those quirky personality traits that made us 'odd' teenagers makes us cool adults....enjoy it and embrace it ... you only turn 40 once :)
    By the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, young man!

Age is what you make it. I was 40 last month and still behave like an immature twonk. :laugh:
  • LadyWingsFan
    Options
    I loved turning 40...my children are a bit older now and I can do things for ME at this point! I'm getting back into shape and I feel really good about where I am in life compared to when I was 30. It's just a number...age is in your head and how you live your life (I like it when people tell me "Seriously? You're 42?!") Hee hee ;)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a motorcycle. .. I think I'm my husbands mid life crisis.. does that make me a bimbo? Hey.. i'm in my 40's now and I quit smoking, losing weight, getting healthy working out .. and he's not doing any of that.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in January. In all honesty, I feel younger than I did when I was 30! I am also wiser and wickeder. :drinker:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    40 ain't half bad.

I feel better at 40 than I did at 30. And there are some pretty healthy and incredible looking folks in their 40's who inspire me to look my best and not treat my body badly.

Revel in 40, brother. It'll bring you good things..... :)
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I think every decade is a "new" chapter....got married @ 30...divorced by 40....weeeee welcome to 40!!!! If life begins now...I'm ready!!!! I'll be 41 in a couple of months and honestly.....still waiting for it "start"!!! LOL
  • frenchgrapes
    frenchgrapes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is the beginning but I can testify that it certainly isn't the end.

I think the beginning for me was when I finally realized I'd done everything society had conditioned me to believe I was supposed to do and started doing what I wanted to do.

But, yeah, 40 is a very good year. I'd do it again.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    40 ain't half bad.

I feel better at 40 than I did at 30. And there are some pretty healthy and incredible looking folks in their 40's who inspire me to look my best and not treat my body badly.

Revel in 40, brother. It'll bring you good things..... :)

^^this. 40s are pretty fun
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be 40, because I figured by that time I would have some living under my belt, and hopefully some wisdom. I'll be 49 this July, and have to tell you that I have learned so much and grown so much since I turned 40...it is a beginning, at least for me, lol. Now, I just need to figure what 50 means!
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in January. In all honesty, I feel younger than I did when I was 30! I am also wiser and wickeder. :drinker:

^striving for this - my turn is July 13. Got the feeling younger than I did when I was 30 down, would have to honestly believe I'm wiser than I was when I was 30 - guess I've got a couple months to work on the wickeder part ;)
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy 40!!!!! Mine have been good so far, but I still have those "holy ****, I'm in my 40's" moments. :drinker:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My hips know what to do a lot more now than when I was a teen:devil:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I turned fourty once. It is a great place to be! The fifties is pretty good too!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My hips know what to do a lot more now than when I was a teen:devil:

I didn't know you when you were a teen (I was a baby at that point), but I'm pretty sure you're right
    :wink: :devil: :wink:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed the 40's so far, especially now :smile:

My husband is turning 40 in a couple of weeks. Funny that most people think he's older than me, yet I'm 3 1/2 years older than him.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Well why not go and buy the red sports car? ...just don't date bimbos :) Us smart women would be offended!!
    I plan on buying a red vespa (no kids allowed on that thing). I was anxious about 30 because it sounded daunting ... but 40? BRING IT ON!!! I think you just realize who you are and are able to stick to your convictions more due to experience....all those quirky personality traits that made us 'odd' teenagers makes us cool adults....enjoy it and embrace it ... you only turn 40 once :)
    By the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

My convictions are solid and don't change..well not without reasoned arguement :)

..oh, and I dont date bimbo's..no sexier thing than a strong, confident, intelligent woman! :flowerforyou: