40, is it really the start?

Options

Replies

• rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! The 40's have some really great things about them. Experience and wisdom do make a big difference in many things in life. :)
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    I bought a 2 seater convertible when I turned 30 last year - a big FU to baby expectations.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I turned fourty once. It is a great place to be! The fifties is pretty good too!

The 50s are proving to be even better than all the past decades for me.
    I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life.
    I've never been bummed out about any age I've been blessed to reach, though. I tell anyone who gets depressed about reaching a certain age, to look at the obits. Anyone listed there would be more than happy to change places, I'll bet.

I figure with a positive attitude, it'll just keep improving until I arrive at the finish.
    Each decade has its gifts.

Enjoy yourself! Live your life to its fullest! :drinker:
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I cant say if life starts at 40 but at 41 I felt like a 60 year old and at 42 I feel like im 20 again.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Life doesn't actually start until 70 -- a number I am still months short of. I already have a trophy wife, (she is dieting with me.) Just now a bicycle looks better than a sports car (more calorie burn.) I haven't had time yet to grow up but I will schedule it real soon now.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    As someone once said to me, turning 40 is a lot better than not. :wink:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I loved turning 40...my children are a bit older now and I can do things for ME at this point! I'm getting back into shape and I feel really good about where I am in life compared to when I was 30. It's just a number...age is in your head and how you live your life

^^this! and its going to get better!!
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! The 40's have some really great things about them. Experience and wisdom do make a big difference in many things in life. :)
    Can't say i have found the wisdom part yet... but I have had a whole lot more fun. I feel way better than I did at 30 though.
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I mean, it's not like I'm going to run out and buy a red sportscar, a leather jacket and date a bimbo.....

Didn't buy the sportscar.. but the other two... I should have stuck with just the leather jacket. :-)

Seriously, I love being 40. I'm probably the fittest I've ever been and I'm only getting stronger.
  • AmyOwl73
    AmyOwl73 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I'll be 39 in September... I'm still 17 in my head, and I just can't accept that my body is getting older. Dang it. :)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I cant say if life starts at 40 but at 41 I felt like a 60 year old and at 42 I feel like im 20 again.

AMEN! i turned 40 in July out of shape and in pain... have lost 30 pounds since then and feel stronger than ever and way younger. Besides that you cant do a damn thing about it right?!?!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Lets see. NO it isn't just the start. My body went to hell in a hand basket at forty, (excuse the language) :sad: The back, the eyes, and the foot. :frown: For you, :smile:I hope you had a wonderful birthday :drinker: and I wish you well as you journey through your forties. :wink:
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    My hips know what to do a lot more now than when I was a teen:devil:

*reaches for 02*
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Life doesn't actually start until 70 -- a number I am still months short of. I already have a trophy wife, (she is dieting with me.) Just now a bicycle looks better than a sports car (more calorie burn.) I haven't had time yet to grow up but I will schedule it real soon now.

ahaha......GOOD to know !! ;D
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

AMEN! i turned 40 in July out of shape and in pain... have lost 30 pounds since then and feel stronger than ever and way younger. Besides that you cant do a damn thing about it right?!?!
    Nope you cant!! But you definately have the legs of a 20 yr. old!! Congrads on your hard work.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've gotten in as much or more trouble since I turned 40 than I did before.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Considering my history of obesity, 45 is my healthiest year yet, so yes. lol They keep talking about mid-life crisis and stuff but with the average male life-span, 35 is more mid-life. So have a blast. I enjoy outdoing all the "YOUNG" people at work and on the trails, gym, etc.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Nope you cant!! But you definately have the legs of a 20 yr. old!! Congrads on your hard work.

thank you so much...i cant wait to see what else i can accomplish!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Not sure about men but as a woman I feel like I truly know me and what I think and more confident in just being me and anything I want is possible. I like being 40...celebrated hard at birthday
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options

Yes, this makes sense. I don't think I felt like I was 60 at 40, but I felt defeated, and kind of dumpy and mom-like and not sure what to do. Turning 40 is certainly what made me take notice of my life and make the decision I just did not want to feel that way......now, 3 years later, I think about how I wish I felt as great in my 30s as I do now. Never again will I put myself last, and treat health and exercise like an afterthought.....

Good luck and Happy Birthday!