Still working on losing 175 pounds

Options
I've been working on losing 175 pounds for three years now. I lost 110 pounds relatively easily, but then I hit a six-month plateau. I was eating 1200-1500 calories and exercising daily, but the scale just wouldn't cooperate. I actually wound up gaining about three pounds. I got frustrated and kind of gave up. I'm trying to motivate myself to get started again, but it seems so pointless to go through all of this and just gain weight!

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Losing 175 pounds is amazing and inspirational! Do not get discouraged so easily. You obviously are very strong and courageous. Stay positive and best of luck on your journey!!!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Don't give up...you have already done an amazing job. Can I ask, are weights part of your workouts??? what type of excercise are you doing? Busting a plateau can be tough, sometimes you just have to change things up a little. Your body gets use to doing the same workouts over and over, so it becomes more efficient and you don't burn as many calories, try changing your routines up.
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your loss do far! Sent you a friend request.
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    Don't Beat Yourself Down You Lose So Much and I Believe You can Keep Going!
  • danaelizas
    danaelizas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at how much you've accomplished so far. Please do not give up! Keep at it. You will get there! Sending you a friend request.