New to mfp looking for friends to support me.

Options
Hi my friend has introduced me to MFP today and help me set up my own profile as she saw's by it. So now im on here im looking for people to help give me support in losing the weight to get to my ideal goal, so if you would like to be my friend please send me a friend request. xxx

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started this page in March. So I am pretty much starting my self. The only thing that sucks for me is I like to eat alot lol. So I am trying really hard not to eat too much calories. You can add me if you like for motivation. :) Good Luck to you.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm glad ladiwulf1983 has introduce you to mfp, I was going to see if you wanted to join but she beet me to it.
    Welcome & i really hope this site helps you get to your goal.
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi - sorry if you get this twice - having a bit of a problem.

Request winging it's way to you as we speak - you have done the right thing by joining this site.

Linda :happy:
  • Nancyh20
    Nancyh20 Posts: 2
    Options
    Saw your post, writing to encourage you to continue doing good things for yourself. I started taking better care of myself in January when I ended up in the hospital with what I thought was a heart attack. I have two sons in college and this experience transformed my thinking! I got a flyer from a local church that was hosting a weight loss competition. I learned so much about making small simple changes, not a diet but lifestyle changes. It has been an incredible experience! I started a food journal and set long term and short term goals! I have learned to treat myself with kindness! I use the journal to write encouraging words to myself.

Each day I wake up excited and looking forward to exercising. We have such a valuable role as mothers, what a wonderful gift we are to our children. I now have a new outlook, I want to finish well, to eat fresh foods in moderation, to exercise so I have energy for my family!

Have a great week, you have made the decision to take care of yourself, that's the most difficult step. You can do it!!!!!
  • hoffo83
    hoffo83 Posts: 51
    Options
    feel free to add me. im new to this as well and it sure helps to have as much support and kind words as possible. good luck to you!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Saw you're posts and wanted to join in too...Im back into to MFP...was here a few years ago and came back...Mother of 2 college kids, now an empty nester, 51 years old and its much harder to loose as Im older and in menopause! Looking for support with people more my age group :)

Still have a ways to go :)

Now that Ive lost 30 pounds Ive been stuck at a plateau for going on 3 weeks and can't seem to move and its getting very frustrating grrrrr!!! Anyway friend me if you want...thanks!

Kat :)
  • dayswillpass
    Options
    I'm always open for finding new friends :)
    anyone can feel free to add me. I think we all need as much support as we can get XD
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome
    you'll get plenty of support from friends on MFP
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! I started back in August and I'm so addicted now I can't stop LOL. I have never stuck with a diet until I was introduced to this site by my sister-in-law!! I owe her everything!!! I hope you like this site and the people on here are all very supportive :-) Good luck in your journey and I will support you 100%!!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been on here for almost one month and I think it is great :bigsmile: I am sure that like me you will find this site is a really useful tool to make you more aware of making healthy choices with your eating.... and of course the resulting weight loss is wonderful too :wink:
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! I started back in August and I'm so addicted now I can't stop LOL. I have never stuck with a diet until I was introduced to this site by my sister-in-law!! I owe her everything!!! I hope you like this site and the people on here are all very supportive :-) Good luck in your journey and I will support you 100%!!

I totally agree. Never really stuck to weight loss before this site. Find people are really supportive. Feel free to add me if you like. :-)