What was the biggest contributing to your success?

Options
Mikaylarae27
Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
Hey Everyone!

I'm starting a thread asking what your biggest contributing factors in your weight loss/ fitness gain success were. What got you through the toughest times?

Replies

• giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    My fantastic gym , so close to me

And finding this site
  • meredithgh
    meredithgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Little successes keep me going. Seeing the progress on my swimming pool keep me going.

Shirataki noodles give me the semblance of pasta (which I love!). Mio drink enhancers help me drink more water.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    This site and starting Insanity. the site for my awesome friends and Insanity because it was huge satisfaction to cross the days off :)
  • peprwpr
    peprwpr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My trainer, my co-workers & my friends. They always encourage me, and keep me going. Even when Im down and wanting to quit, they keep me going.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm as stubborn as a mule. Once I got it in my head I was going to meet my goal, I kicked the crap out of anything that got in my way, including plateaus and people who were negative.
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. MFP-and a big thank you to my fantastic daughter for telling me about it
    2. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
    3. My own will power- I will not let food rule my life any longer!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    1. MFP
    2. Tiffany Rothe's workouts
    3. Willpower
    4. My guy changing his own eating habits to make it easier on me.
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What is contributing most for me is building activity into my day and week. I've started walking my dog twice a day. I've also started rollerskating with my kids every other week, I plan to sign up for weekly volleyball. I think that just being more active makes me feel better and doing things throughout the day continue to give me those endorphins. Lovin' being active.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    What is contributing most for me is building activity into my day and week. I've started walking my dog twice a day. I've also started rollerskating with my kids every other week, I plan to sign up for weekly volleyball. I think that just being more active makes me feel better and doing things throughout the day continue to give me those endorphins. Lovin' being active.

Volleyball RULES!
  • arctiknitter
    Options

YES! I've noticed that I feel so much better as I've raised my activity level. Volleyball sounds fun-I might have to look for a team!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    dedication... plain and simple. I've had countless bad days, bad weeks, etc , but sticking to it and treating each day like it's day 1 of your diet makes it easier. Sure I wish I had lost 30 lbs in 1 month and I could just monitor my weight from there on out but it's never that easy. I've been scraping by measuring my weekly losses in tenths of a pound... that's if I lost anything at all. Now it's all added up, several months later and I feel and look great. Still a few pounds to go before I'll feel happy with the number on the scale, but I'm not worried about it.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Biggest contributing factors:

- Logging food before I eat it
    - Sticking to my diet plan
    - Variety in my exercise and exercising at least 4 days per week
    - Eating my exercise calories so I don't go hungry
    - Ignoring my fears and learning to say yes to just about any activity - to at least try
    - Seeking professional help - A dietician, physical therapists when injured, see my doctor regularly and learning fitness from a trainer.
    - Being honest

What got me through the toughest times?
    - Thoughts of my good friend who passed away at 51 of a heart attack.
    - Thoughts of my family and how I want to be around for them for many more years.
    - Pushing all other thoughts out of my head and just doing what I had to do.
    - Listening to Pink or Adele while exercising. Mostly Pink, as she is such a bad-*kitten*!
  • arctiknitter
    Options
    What about you? What keeps you going? You started this thread! Mikaylarae.

lost my quotes....no good with computers.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1. Logging my food. Who knew how quickly calories added up?
    2. I've learned that three slices of pie won't make me any happier than one.
    3. Getting active. I used to have seven rest days a week. :wink:
  • psucsi
    psucsi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks to MFP I started paying attention to what I eating. I have not given up any of my traditional foods, but I do manage my portions and since I am religious about recording intake, I don't eat just for the sport of it anymore.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Remembering how I felt when I stepped on the scale in January. Call it determination or being incredibly stubborn, but when I start slipping I think of that Monday morning. I also think back about 7 years ago I was in phenomenal shape and had energy to burn all the time. My weight isn't the only thing in my life that needs to be changed, but it's something I could directly work on. I made the decision to make myself a very important part of my life, and that's all it took. MFP opened my eyes to what I had been shoveling in my face, so I used it as a powerful tool to learn.

I get cravings, but then I think about how unsatisfied I know I'll feel if I eat a bunch of whatever it is I'm craving (pizza, doritos, cookies, etc). I give myself a serving and make sure I work it off exercising.

I know what it's like to be in excellent shape, and I know what it's like to be 60+ lbs overweight. I deserve to be in shape, and I am doing this for me.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    1.) God my Heavenly Father, God The Son, Jesus and God The Holy Spirit
    For God delivering me from many harmful and negative addictions and attractions (with ZERO withdrawals symptoms, craving, totally set me FREE with NO nasty side effects at ALL) that got me where I was (fat, lazy, bitter, ugly and just plain blah and YUCK) and that He would give me the Desire and Faith to look to Him for his Daily Guidance and Direction on what and how to eat, drink, think and be. Relying on Him to provide me the finances, strength, health, help in living this life. That when I finally and sincerely and honestly humbly cried out to Him to Help me do this and for a new life...He answered me and Asked me to "Follow-Him" and He would Help me...I said YES and He's been showing me what to do and how to do it and has done some utterly miraculous things in and thru me and this battle of bulge starting January 20th, 2012.
    Among many of the miraculous things He has done is caused me to go from a size 20 jean to a size 14 jean in less than 2 months. (actually in 1 month and 9 days) He has me using many tools to get me where I'm going. Some of them are organic fruits and veggies, no longer drinking pop/soda--drinking water instead and allowing me to find MFP:heart: and much much more!

I can not and will not undertake this Journey apart from Looking to, Leaning on, Depending on and Trusting in God to show me the who's, what's, where's, when and how's of doing this thing for the rest of my life--a new Lifestyle in Him and Him in me--just a whole NEW Life. That's my biggest contributing factor to my success thus far and until the end. Everyone has there own "story" or testimony as to what has contributed to their/our success...this is mine:smooched:
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My desire to reach my goal. My hubby, and my mother who take the kids so that I can -- and OF COURSE the fact that my clothes are starting to look damn good on me! Oh - and I wanna rock a bikini one day!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Developing a warrior mindset from my years of martial arts training. I will never accept defeat.
    Figuring out how to lift weigths and discovering that I really like it.
    And my loving hubby, who has always given me the space and the encouragement to do what I need to do. :heart:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Logging my food and seeing it has always helped me be aware of what I'm eating, and made me more aware.

Keeping in mind that my runs are the only time I get to myself to do something for only myself is a huge motivator. I need time to myself, and dammit, I look forward to that time.

I don't have any particular things that got me through tough times, because honestly, exercise and running have been how I've coped with tough times. They are what keeps me sane, so I suppose putting on my shoes and heading out the door is what it all boils down to.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!