I Am Horrible

Options
I ate like 750 calories of my reccomendation today. :mad: I am so dissapointed in myself...does anyone have any advice on how to keep it lower? Any info would be appreciated.

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You ate that many calories over, or thats all the calories you ate??
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are NOT horrible! We all mess up :blushing:
    I suggest light snacking throughout the day. If you find that you are ravenous, you will overeat later on. Curb that with an apple with peanut butter, or my fave, light string cheese with whole wheat crackers. This will keep you from getting too hungry and you will be able to have better control. I TRY to eat every 3-4 hours, but small meals.
    Hope this helps!
  • PeaceLoveMusicSn
    Options
    I ate 780 calories over my reccomended calorie index
  • bearisback
    Options
    Look at it this way: A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so you a well under gaining a pound of fat. If it's bothering you - just do some extra activity (i.e. walking/jogging) each day for the rest of the week and make up for it.

If you were 780 calories over everyday, then we would have issues.
    Good Luck, Bear
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Keep a journal throughout the day. Each time you eat something write it down and its caloric value. If you see where you are at and you see you don't have any more calories to spare then it makes it much easier to say no to food.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have seen where MFP members will log their food in the morning. Make a plan, and stick with it.

I have never had to do that because I am pretty good at playing it by ear. But there have been times I planned for the day so I know what I need to eat. I forget to eat!! :tongue:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I have seen where MFP members will log their food in the morning. Make a plan, and stick with it.

I have never had to do that because I am pretty good at playing it by ear. But there have been times I planned for the day so I know what I need to eat. I forget to eat!! :tongue:

I'm a planner. I'm not good at playing it by ear. In fact I've already planned tomorrow's food for the day. I plan out all food and exercise the night before (sometimes first thing in the morning) so that it's just part of my schedule. I'm much less likely to slip up.
    However, we all have our moments. I made the mistake of buying Little Debbie Fudge Rounds while shopping today and ate 2!!! :tongue: Today was supposed to be my rest day from biking. I ended up riding for 90 minutes and pushing my rest day to tomorrow. Now I don't feel guilty :laugh: :laugh:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options

that's the best results, altough i have to complain that in the food catalog we see so many premade foods but almost none home made foods!

i am eating in between 600 to 800 Callories per main meal (Lunch and DInner) plus about 300 per breakfast, leaving about 500 for snacks.
    I think this is about right what do you guys think?
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

I'm a planner. I'm not good at playing it by ear. In fact I've already planned tomorrow's food for the day. I plan out all food and exercise the night before (sometimes first thing in the morning) so that it's just part of my schedule. I'm much less likely to slip up.
    However, we all have our moments. I made the mistake of buying Little Debbie Fudge Rounds while shopping today and ate 2!!! :tongue: Today was supposed to be my rest day from biking. I ended up riding for 90 minutes and pushing my rest day to tomorrow. Now I don't feel guilty :laugh: :laugh:

I do this all the time:laugh: i can't keep anything little debbie in the house,its my weakness...there so good but SOOOO bad:tongue: Im also a fan of frosted animal cookies:love:

I also log and print my meals first thing in the morning. That way i know what im suppose to eat and when to eat it. I eat 3 meals(300-500 cals) then three snacks a day. I will estimate my cals burned in the morning then go back and put in what i really burn after a workout(if there is a huge difference that is )
  • punka274
    Options

that's the best results, altough i have to complain that in the food catalog we see so many premade foods but almost none home made foods!

i am eating in between 600 to 800 Callories per main meal (Lunch and DInner) plus about 300 per breakfast, leaving about 500 for snacks.
    I think this is about right what do you guys think?

If its working, and your not hungry then it sounds right to me:flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    Options

I do this all the time:laugh: i can't keep anything little debbie in the house,its my weakness...there so good but SOOOO bad:tongue: Im also a fan of frosted animal cookies:love:

I also log and print my meals first thing in the morning. That way i know what im suppose to eat and when to eat it. I eat 3 meals(300-500 cals) then three snacks a day. I will estimate my cals burned in the morning then go back and put in what i really burn after a workout(if there is a huge difference that is )
    I love all Little Debbies, but the fudge rounds are my favorites. I was only going to the store for a few things... healthy things! Broccoli, quinoa, milk ,bread, and then there she was, a whole shelf. I haven't bought Little Debbies since I started mfp. I guess every once in a while it's ok :laugh:

Obviously, she hasn't tempted you too much, having lost 83 lbs! That's amazing! congrats!! :drinker:
  • punka274
    Options

I love all Little Debbies, but the fudge rounds are my favorites. I was only going to the store for a few things... healthy things! Broccoli, quinoa, milk ,bread, and then there she was, a whole shelf. I haven't bought Little Debbies since I started mfp. I guess every once in a while it's ok :laugh:

Obviously, she hasn't tempted you too much, having lost 83 lbs! That's amazing! congrats!! :drinker:

Thanks:blushing: Congrats on your weightloss too...thats awesome!

ETA-i just noticed your miles traveled....WOW...YOU ROCK:drinker: nice job:flowerforyou:
  • trahpeg
    trahpeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I ate like 750 calories of my reccomendation today. :mad: I am so dissapointed in myself...does anyone have any advice on how to keep it lower? Any info would be appreciated.
  • trahpeg
    trahpeg Posts: 6 Member
    Options

OOps-just learning how to use this system.
    I figure, why obsess about one day. You can't change what you can't change. Change only what you can.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    try again. lt is like AA one day at a time
  • skywalker
    Options

Thanks:blushing: Congrats on your weightloss too...thats awesome!

ETA-i just noticed your miles traveled....WOW...YOU ROCK:drinker: nice job:flowerforyou:

Thanks!!! :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

I think that most of us put our homemade foods on so that only we can see it ourselves. If you're putting in someone else's homemade dish, you wouldn't know what the ingredients were. For example, I'm making a pork stirfry tonight. I make my own sauce using chicken broth, lite soy sauce, splenda blend brown sugar, tobbasco, and garlic. Someone else might use a different recipe or use full sodium soy sauce and real brown sugar. The calories and nutrients would be different.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Nah, not horrible- human. :tongue: We all have times where we eat more than other times. As long as you eat within your calorie range most days, you'll still see weight loss.