Hello! I'm a nerd/crazy cat lady/designer/blogger! :)

Options
Hello all! I'm Hayley!

I joined MFP a year ago via my phone's app, but just got around to joining/reading the forums now! Silly? I know!

I'm a 26 year old Illustrator and Designer in Atlanta looking to get serious about weight loss. I've been "yo-yo"ing my entire life, and really am aiming to get healthy and fit as a way of life, not a temp. solution. I am 288lbs currently at 5'8". My heaviest was once 340lbs and my lowest was 190lbs (in my adult life).

My BMR is 2,095 and my daily goal is 1200-1300. I didn't understand what net goal calories were, and I'm still not ENTIRELY sure, because at times I ignore my net goal when can be around 400-600 a day when I exercise, so I'm thinking of seeking a doctor/nutritionist's opinion on my calorie intake since I am serious about doing this the RIGHT way so I can be successful!

As far as activities go, I joined the YMCA and have been having a blast since late December 2011. The classes they offer are addicting and I find I am more likely drag my butt to the gym for a class than to hop on an elliptical. I've always had problems with accountability and slacking off, so more reasons for me to love the YMCA classes!

So again, hello! And I am excited to see what all I discover on these forums as I go on my 'getting healthy' journey. :)

Replies

• colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley, congratulations on your AMAZING progress thus far and glad you found the forums! They can be a real wealth of knowledge (or not, depending on who is responding). I do love the forums for inspiration, networking and recipe ideas, though!
  • godsbody
    godsbody Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Hayley,
    I'm in the same situation -- I actually joined about a year ago and just started on the forums today! :)
  • HelloHayleyKC
    Options
    Thank you both for the warm welcome! :) I actually have not checked out any recipes thus far, but I am loving all the inspiration and networking so far! Who knew one little phone app could lead to so much? ;)