New rules of lifting for women...need help figuring out the

Options
Hi everyone,
If anyone has done NRLFW I could really use your help. I plan on starting it Tuesday. But, I am so confused by the workout setup.
I understand you alternate workouts A and B during the week and I understand you do A, B, C in order and I understand the alternating excersise.
But, I am confused where....take Stage 1 for example. Under A, it says workouts 1 and 2. Then B, says workouts 1 and 2. Then on the next line it says A-workouts 3 and 4 and B-workouts 3 and 4....and so on.....all the way down to workouts 7 and 8. Should this say "week 1 and 2"? and "week 3 and 4?"
Or is it that the first week I do A, then B.....say on Monday and Wed. Then on Fri when I do A again would that be considered workout 2?
I hope my question makes sense. I'm so confused and a little frustrated. The book (while I really enjoyed it) leads you up to all this excitment of getting into the workout and then it seemed as though it was just breezed through without much explaination. :huh:

Replies

• kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yep- exactly as you thought. Alternate A & B. Workouts are numbered sequentially. So a my first two weeks looked like this:

Mon- Stage 1 workout 1A
    Wed- Stage 1 workout 1B
    Fri- Stage 1 workout 2A

(rest on weekend)

Mon- Stage 1 workout 2B
    Wed- Stage 1 workout 3A
    Fri- Stage 1 workout 3B

And so on.... :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you alternate the A and B workouts. so it's A-B-A-B-A etc

for each workout you do the following
    - exercise a for as many sets and reps as listed under the week
    - Alternate exercises B1 and B2 for as many sets and reps as listed under the week. So you do a set of pushups, rest then row, then rest, then back to pushups.
    - alternate exercises C1 and C2 for as many sets and reps as listed under that week

and no this shouldnt say week 1, 2, etc. workout 1,2,3, etc means the the first second third etc time that you do that particular workout.

hope my explanation made sense
  • drewbransmama
    Options
    AH, Thank you BOTH sooooo much! I was getting so frustrated and I think I looked at it too long, going back and forth so much till I was completely confused!
    Thanks for the clarification! Now I can sleep tonight! :happy: