tummy fat. help!?

Options
So this is my second time on my weight loss venture. The first time my start weight was 200 and i reached 131, mantained for over 1 1/2 years, until i got pregnant with my second child, now im 160 trying to get to around 127.
Heres my problem, even at 131 my gut still pooched out, its like i carry all my weight in my stomach.
What can i do to fix this??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :D

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    All I can suggest is having babies change your body...
    Try sit ups and crunches to tone up.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Sadly you can't spot reduce. Crunches and sit ups won't make your stomach to down you need to lower body fat and do full body exercises. New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength are good places to start.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    lift weights. dont over do it on the cardio and eat clean! there is not secret to weight loss or a flat stomach. you just need to work your *kitten* off and experiment till you find what works for you. :3
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and lift weights
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Zig zagging is one of the only ways to fix this.
    Its a matter of cycling calories up on weight lifting days to stimulate lean mass growth and lowering cals on rest days to help cut fat.
    Weight loss essentially stops but you are trading fat for lean mass.

Google Body Recomposition for more detailed info.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ok i have same problem. i bought this gold's gym blast belly bulge dvd. focus alot on abs every move possible keep ur core tight thru process. hope it helps...im only n day one of it.
  • iluvrp
    iluvrp Posts: 8
    Options
    Zig zagging is one of the only ways to fix this.
    Its a matter of cycling calories up on weight lifting days to stimulate lean mass growth and lowering cals on rest days to help cut fat.
    Weight loss essentially stops but you are trading fat for lean mass.

Google Body Recomposition for more detailed info.
    thank u so much, i think im gonna give this a try.
  • ScrappyKat
    ScrappyKat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    And clean eating, dont eat anything that comes in a packet. That should help a lot.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Check my profile for a useful link that may help.
  • cateyes00
    cateyes00 Posts: 79
    Options
    hello, i read your post, i have to say as a mother of 2 that i can COMPLETELY relate with you about the tummy issue. women are all different. once you have a child your body has been changed forever. your tummy may NEVER get back to before having children. cardio and CLEAN diet is really that is going to help. crunches and stomach exercise are alway a good thing but diet is sooo important. surgery may be the only thing to tighen your lose skin once you are down to your goal size.
  • monikki39
    monikki39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lift weights. dont over do it on the cardio and eat clean! there is not secret to weight loss or a flat stomach. you just need to work your *kitten* off and experiment till you find what works for you. :3

I have the same problem, however I do strength training as well as lots of cardio. And eat pretty well. Since I can't get rid of this bulge I know something is wrong, why should we not over do it on the cardio? Help!