Baked Felafels

Options
evakay1
evakay1 Posts: 23 Member
I used to adore this recipe when I was a vegetarian, rich in protein and calcium, low in calories and very yummy!
The texture is a little different, a little softer than regular felafels, but to combat this i'd say try to pulse the food processer to retain some texture.
One can drained chickpeas (about 240grams)
One can drained 4 bean mix (about 240grams)
4 Cloves of garlic
One egg
50grams Almond meal
One small red onion
One teaspoon of ground coriander
A few sprigs of parsley
One tablespoon olive oil

Pulse all the ingredients in a food processer, then shape into small patties (about 10cms across). Place them on a baking paper lined tray and bake at 200 degrees celsius for 25 minutes turning once!
Makes 16, serves 4.
That's it! Very yummy and very filling, coming up at about 220 calories for 4.
I love to serve them with a simple Greek salad and some spiced Greek yogurt. If anyone wants the meal, it's up on my diary (minus the onion, must go food shopping! Haha) just wanted to share :) enjoy!

Replies

• evakay1
    Options
    Also apologies for the terrible spelling and metric values! I wrote this on my phone, so between autocorrect and and no conversion calculator, made it a bit difficult!
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting I love felafels but have never tried making them myself. I am going to give this a go.
    :smile:
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I love falafels, but never thought of baking them instead of shallow frying - will definitely give this a go, thanks!
  • Clarevmb
    Clarevmb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump (going to give this ago later)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    bump
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    bump sounds yummy!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    We love falafels but have never tried making them at home. I'll have to try this recipe if I can find almond meal somewhere. Thanks!
  • evakay1
    Options
    You can use plain flour in place of the almond meal, just helps bind it all together :)
  • Nomi3
    Nomi3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump