Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe

Options
LeeiaL
LeeiaL Posts: 40
Here's a great recipe for tuna salad - no mayo..and very yummy!

chop 2 small tomatoes and 1 small red onion. Mix into 2 cans tuna (packed in water) w/1 can lentils.

Dressing - in a separate container, blend together 3tbs olive oil, 1tbsp lemon juice (to taste), 1tsp dijon mustard, 1 clove garlic and some parsely (you can also add some cumin and coriander if you want); you may have to add more olive oil/lemon juice.

Pour dressing over tuna/lentil mixture, stir well

This tastes really good if you let the salad sit in the frig for an hour or so - gives the flavors time to meld together. It makes a lot and is quick and easy for lunches or pre-workout meal. I eat mine on 1/2 of a whole wheat english muffin.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds good :happy: . Thanks
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:love:

we need a drooling smiley
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great - I've also come to love Garbanzo Beans in Tuna Salad - might be a good option for some in place of the lentils - I have trouble finding those here.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    mmmm yumo
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Do you know the nutrition info on this?? Or at least an estimate??
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try it:love:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i don't like tuna [or any fish for that matter or sea food] i wish i did, i really really do!

i have managed to eat tuna in a cold pasta salad in not mind it too much because it didn't over power the flavor, just wonder if this recipe is like that...i would really like to try to incorperate at least a lil tuna in my diet... is the tuna spread far enuff in this that it doesn't over power and picks up the flavor of the other stuff?

anyone else have any tuna ideas for me that i could stomach, or fish? [no seafood, i just can't go there lol]

thanks in advance,
    and great recipe it does look tempting even for me to try tho i dont like tuna
    maybe ill get brave :ohwell:

PG:flowerforyou:
  • LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    Options
    Lindsey: Not sure...but I know it's high in protein and good carbs (plus the olive oil - good fats). Can't really go wrong with this one. BTW...lentils have the 3rd highest protein content of ALL beans, behind only soybeans and hemp.

m2kjenn - I'd be really careful with garbanzo beans...they're calorie and carb dense, so it's easy to overdo it. I try to stay away from them.

BTW..this recipe works out really well as a pre-workout meal, even if you workout first thing in the A.M. It's light enough so that you don't feel like you've eaten a ton (this is coming from a person who usually has cereal first thing in the A.M.) and gives you lots of good, clean energy for the workout.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great - I've also come to love Garbanzo Beans in Tuna Salad - might be a good option for some in place of the lentils - I have trouble finding those here.

That's what I use also. Tuna w/ garbanzo beans, balsamic vinaigrette, and boiled eggs (whites). Oh, and green olives! Yum!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    m2kjenn - I'd be really careful with garbanzo beans...they're calorie and carb dense, so it's easy to overdo it. I try to stay away from them.

Thanks for the tip - I see they should be used in moderation. I've got to find some place here with lentils!!