Gave Up Candy, Junk Food, Dessert

Options
So i started last week by giving up candy, junk food, dessert, all of it. What i did not relaize was that my first weekend without any candy or dessert would be passover (my family is jewish) and Easter sunday (Wifes family is catholic). But i did not eat a thing, not a single piece of candy, junk food chip or cookie. And the best part is i feel amazing for it. Without the regret that always follows eating crap, i feel so much better. Not to mention that i ate three large meals this weekend and did not gain weight, simply because i removed all the bad food i usually eat. Felt good. I feel no craving for it either, i dont want it. its not just that i shouldnt, i just dont want it anymore.

Replies

• aray1107
    aray1107 Posts: 75
    Options
    That's awesome! Sugar/sweets is my biggest weakness. Congrats on your accomplishments- especially on Easter weekend!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :D
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    Sounds lovely! Quite an accomplishment. I will remain a slave to my sweet tooth but I have learned to deal with it in a healthier way (moderation) =D
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I had my sweet tooth pulled! :bigsmile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good for you ...........keep up the great work!:bigsmile:
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    Everything in moderation.I don't understand why anyone thinks you have to cut out anything enjoyable. I eat pretty healthy these days, but still allow myself a few Cheetos now and and then. You can still have a few scoops of ice cream a few times a week and lose weight.
  • ddttddtt
    ddttddtt Posts: 14
    Options
    Sounds lovely! Quite an accomplishment. I will remain a slave to my sweet tooth but I have learned to deal with it in a healthier way (moderation) =D

Well, we officially found the best looking body on MFP. (Said in as uncreepy a way as humanly possible) Thanks for the compliment.
  • ddttddtt
    Options
    Bump
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great job, i couldent do it, I love chocolate...more than one really should:tongue:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.I don't understand why anyone thinks you have to cut out anything enjoyable. I eat pretty healthy these days, but still allow myself a few Cheetos now and and then. You can still have a few scoops of ice cream a few times a week and lose weight.

Because she wanted to?
    Don't get defensive just because her weight loss goals are different from yours. To each their own.
  • ddttddtt
    Options
    bump