sweets!

Options
i want to give up sweets, any suggestions. I had a piece of cake a two cookies during lunch1!!! help!

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    i want to give up sweets, any suggestions. I had a piece of cake a two cookies during lunch1!!! help!
  • shellyrjimenez
    Options
    Giving up sweets totally will never work. Works sweets into your meal plan with moderation. I keep things such as hershey's miniatures available, so that when I get the craving, I can get a taste without going overboard. Of course I'm a chocoholic, so I find the sugar fee Swiss Miss hot cocoa works for me to, it's only 60 cals a packet. So i think the thing is to work it in, because if you try to cut it out totally, you will set yourself up for failure. Hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I switched to dark chocolate. 70% cocoa or higher. Much less sugar, but so yummy once you get used to a little bitter taste. Now I really like it!

Or make your own (small batches!) cookies and cut down the sugar, and use healthier ingredients like half wheat flour, etc.
  • Tgeorge
    Tgeorge Posts: 49
    Options
    Well I woudl say that you should try to allow yourself at least one cheat day a week to allow yourself a dessert or snack. Trying to get rid of them all together may lead to binging. That being said... I know that is harder said than done. It seems that if you have the item in the house, then it calls to you nightly, daily and sometimes hourly. So try not to buy ahead of time and when you do have your weekly treat, try to really buy something special and individual- such as a piece of cake or a cookie from your favorite reseaturant/bakery- even better if you can ride your bike or walk to your favorite treat place.

Good luck.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    ooooh don't completely give up anything. That might just the downfall later on. Never deprive yourself of anything but when you do eat that cookie or whatever, make sure its worth it and that it counts. Tell yourself that you deserve it.

Everything in moderation.

Try making your own cookies so you know what is in them... use applesauce instead of sugars, oatmeal instead of butter so that it holds???

Good luck
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Whenever I swear something off I end up binging when I finally allow myself to have it. I agree everything with moderation is ok or try to substitute low cal/low sugar treats just for the taste. Good luck, I know it is a struggle for me too.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Thanks for all of your advice! I think I can handle a piece of chocolate a day to satisfy my sweet tooth! I had given it up for two months when I was training for a run, now I don't have a race coming up so I really don't have a goal. Thanks!