Best way to flush water weight???

Options
I have a lot Water weight that i just can't get rid of and im drinking way over 64 oz of water a day and was wondering if there's anything i can add the water to help flush the weight faster? I heard that lemon helps but wasn't sure if that was true... Any one on here know how to flush water weight in a day or two??

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Keep drinking the water
    Keep your sodium level low
    Work out
    Bananas help because of the potassium
  • Mercede
    Mercede Posts: 21
    Options
    Lemon does seem to help me. The water tastes better with it too.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I keep my sodium at 1500mg a day and i can't eat banana's im allergic to them..

For adding Lemons do you just add a few slices or just squeeze in the juice?
  • Scubachick
    Options
    While I agree that water is a great natural method, you can get tablets to help get rid of fluid retention. I'm in Ireland and they are called Aquaban or Waterfall here. I think there are also some homeopathic remedies.

Cranberry juice is used to flush kidneys if one gets cystitis or UTIs - so that has to help with flushing the system in general. You can get light versions of Cranberry juice.

Also, Health food shops would have a range of products, from teas, to tablets to lotions/ potions! A good Health Food Shop Assistant should be able to guide you.

Fennel and garlic are good blood purifiers/ detoxers.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

You could probably go even lower on your sodium. Find out what it is that contains most of the 1500 mg sodium and cut that out for a while and see what happens.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

You could probably go even lower on your sodium. Find out what it is that contains most of the 1500 mg sodium and cut that out for a while and see what happens.

1500mg of sodium is perfectly fine

to the OP, what makes you think you have water weight to lose? Also, do you drink alcohol? If so how often
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

I squeeze the juice and leave the wedge in
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    It's water weight cause i always gain water weight when it's the time of the month and i just got off mine and plus my body is puffy.. Do drink wine at least a glass or two a night with dinner... I try to drink water with it so if i have two glasses of wine i also have two glasses of water... that way it helps flush out the wine..
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i just squeeze the juice in, that way i dont get all the wax and pesticides and other nasty chemicals off the skin
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    What about Green Tea does that help flush out water weight???
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Potassium and magnesium are good for getting rid of water weight.

Lemons are a natural liver and kidney detoxifier.

I use lemon or lime wedges in my water too. Nice mellow flavor and satisfying.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    im not sure about green tea for water, but a tea that i drink that seems to help is aniceed, fennel and licorice - its REALLY nice, tastes like pilau rice to begin with but that taste dissapears and is yummy, that helps me to reduce water retention
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    Options
    Lemons are a great choice! They are a natural detox for the body! In fact my favorite meal is skinless bare baked or grilled chicken with like....um...a million lemons squeezed on it!:bigsmile: plus add your pepper and you have lemon pepper chicken, and you dont need the sodium! :glasses:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Thanks for all the info... im going to try some water and lemon and see what else i can find to get rid of this water weight...
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    lemon and parsley flush out water weight it has worked wonders for me :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i can't eat banana's im allergic to them..

Potato! :D Packs more potassium than nanners.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Sauna :)
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I never really thought about it untill just now. I went to the doc and I had high blood pressure so I started eatting LOTS of celery and one raw garlic clove aday. It totaly flushed my body since celery is a natural diuretic. I was eatting 4-5 stalks aday. Not trying to give you any medical advice, just what I did. There are warnings all over the place about going on a "raw garlic plan" :wink:

Good luck. I was having the same problem this week, so I'm glad it was a reminder as to what I did.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i was told it takes up to 5 days depending on how severe it is it took me 3 days its different for everyone i was also told a low sodium diet too this will prevent water weight too :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Raw Garlic is bad for you??? I eat Raw garlic all the time but i keep mine in the frig and some times put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds ....... I bought some water pills so im helping this helps... I struggle with water weight every day! It sucks :(