Your favorite pots and pans for cooking

Options
Good morning everyone,
My house burnt down on March 27, 2012 everyone (including all the animals) got out safely. Though unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I now have to start over, this means that I get to choose my new set of pots and pans. The only problem is I have never had the chance or the extra money to buy whatever set of pots and pans I want. So I wanna know what your favorites are or if you had the chance to buy your dream set what they would be. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have some Farberware pans that I have had for over 20 years! I love them, and they still look great. I have others that I use, but these are the best that I have had.
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your house, but happy everyone (and pets) made it out ok. I have the Racheal Ray hard anodized non-stick post and pans and LOVE them! I have had them for a few years and they are wonderful and very easy to clean. They are great to cook with as well. They were a little more expensive, up front, but would buy them again in a heartbeat! They are worth the extra cost, in my opinion!
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    love2cycle,
    I've heard really good things about farberware, though I know companies like T-Fal aren't what they use to be 20 years ago, and that's what I had before that my grandmother got my parents when they got married, but they are no longer made in the U.S. and are now more like other companies & are now being made in Mexico. So hopefully farberware is still a great company.

hilarysgiants,
    That's the one that I'm looking into getting. Rachel Ray is one of my favorite chefs, and I figure if I'm going to have a set of pots and pans for a long time then I should get them from someone like that.
  • michmill98
    Options
    My saucepans and big lidded skillets are the Pampered Chef Professional line and they're 10+ years old. I've had to replace the saute pan - went with Caphalon for that one and absolutely love it. I also have two enamelled cast iron dutch ovens - one is from Caphalon and one is the Martha Stewart line from Macy's. I hand wash all of my pans - dishwashers are hard on nonstick coatings.

My husband typically works on long term (think months/years) projects around the country. Since it isn't always feasible for me to move with him, we got him a set of Farberware about 5 years ago for his "home away from home". It's held up okay but it isn't something that I would purposely buy for the main house.

Sorry to hear about the fire. Our house was broke into several years ago and it was a pain to replace the few electronics and jewelry they took. I couldn't imagine the stress you're under to get your life back in order.