Gatorade calories

Options
I love to drink Gatorade and i know it has a lot of sodium :sad: , but my question is do i need to count the calories for every Gatorade i drink?

Replies

• ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Lots of people are going to tell you to count everything, which is what I do; but it depends on what you want to do. This is all about you.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I love to drink Gatorade and i know it has a lot of sodium :sad: , but my question is do i need to count the calories for every Gatorade i drink?

Yes
    Lots of people are going to tell you to count everything, which is what I do; but it depends on what you want to do. This is all about you.

I thought it was about an accurate food diary if you're counting calories, if you omit calories consumed it kind of makes the process pointless.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I would.... it has lots of calories
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Aren't you on MFP to count calories?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I would count anything that has calories that I consume. You should do whatever works for you, but I don't see a point to being on a calorie counting site if you are not going to count them. =)
  • jconnors2012
    jconnors2012 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    IMO calories are calories whether it comes from fruit and vegetables or if it comes from a burger. Only difference is you can have alot more vegetables than burgers. Maybe try the low cal gatorade. My girlfriend drinks that from time to time and it virtually tastes the same.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i count everything, even 5 calorie gum.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

I drink a fair amount of G2 in the summer - especially when I do long works and sweat like a beast. Each 32 oz. bottle is about 80 calories. I can't imagine NOT counting that!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Count everything. Sometimes it's not the calories that are the most important. Especially if you are tracking sodium, protein, fats, etc.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Your right. I'll start counting that as well and look like i need to cut back on how much of that im drinking
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would only count every tenth one & that way you can drink a lot more, also only count on days with 31 days in the month, otherwise it becomes too reliable & accurate :(

Russ
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I would... why lie to yourself, you only hurt you in the end.
  • cookie1148
    cookie1148 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My cardiologist wanted me to get more electrolites so I asked him if I should drink Gatorade. He said, "No, it has too much sodium and calories. Drink Propel water." Try it. You might like it as much as Gatorade and it has no calories. I like the peach flavor best.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Switch to G2 or whatever Gatorade's low-carb (or sugar-free) version is. Problem solved. Drinking regular gatorade is a waste of calories, in my opinion.
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted and I haven't had any in over 40 days. It has really helped in my weight loss. WATER WATER WATER. Add some lemon or other fruit slices for flavor if you need it.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If it goes into your mouth, it goes into your diary. You should look at cutting your gatorade with water though so that you don't drink so much salt. Are you drinking it after an intense work out or just drinking it cause it tastes good while you sit on the couch? Better look for a new drink if it's the latter. There's a reason the gatorade ads show athletes running around getting tired then drinking gatorade. It's made as a pick me up after an intense amount of working out/sweat producing work.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    sounds like you got your answer solved, but just curious (and not trying to start anything or flame you or anything) but what was your logic for thinking that maybe you shouldn't count it? Did you have a reason or just wishful thinking?
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    i even count the calories in my 1 calorie drink lol
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I agree that you should count every calorie consumed, otherwise you are lying to yourself. As far as drinking Gatorade, I would not recommend it AT ALL. Water is all you really need, Gatorade has so much sugar, artificial colors, flavors, etc. that it really does more damage than good. If you are dehydrated or worried about electrolytes, drink Smart Water.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I don't drink gatorade, but if I did I would certainly include them in my diary. I include coffee which has only 7 calories. I've even seen some people count the calories in their multivitamins. Ultimately its up to each of us to decide what matters. Some bottles of gatorade can have a few hundred calories. That's significant for me, so I would definitely log it.