My weight lose process has stopped. :/ support please?

Options
I have been using the MFP app since December. At first I was losing weight little by little, but now I have grown bored with dieting and exercise, and I need tips and motivation to get back on track. If anyone uses the app please friend me on there, I will be glad to support anyone that will support me! I would love to hear anyone's opinion on here, but if there's any teenage girls that would be great! I'm sure there's someone that's been in the same boat as me before, and I'd love help out!! :)

Replies

• wingsandgills
    wingsandgills Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request/message, but here's a reply to your post...

If you've already lost 8 pounds of your goal of 20 so far (40% of your goal already!!), then I think you might have to accept a slower rate of weight loss. That's because the more you have to lose, the faster you lose, and the less you have to lose, the more slowly you lose.

My recommendation is to focus on getting very healthy, nutrient-rich foods into your diet. Get some variety! Maybe you're just sick of same-old, same-old. If you've been eating a lot of fresh salads, try microwave-steaming some veggies and experimenting with different spices. That sort of thing.

I also read a really inspiring post once that I think about a lot... He said, "Sure, I got discouraged from time to time, but not for long. I was so focused on who I was going to become, and how I would feel when I reached my goal, that I didn't have a chance to be discouraged!" Keep focusing on your goals, how you want to feel, the kind of lifestyle you're aiming for.

If you're not too skeptical, you could also try affirmations. Like, put up a poster on your wall that lists a few major rules to remember. "Good health = happiness," and things like that? I dunno, I don't have a poster, but I recite positive affirmations to myself a few times a day to keep my thoughts positive. It's important to me, but it might not be for everyone.

Good luck and keep up the good work!!
  • jessiewise827
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)