early morning workout

Options
About 3 months ago I was getting up early to workout. I loved it. But something happened so I couldn't do it. Well im ready to start again. I need help. I just can not do it. HELP PLEASE..

Replies

• MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Lol, I hear ya! I get up at 5am to workout before I get the kids up and myself ready for work and them for school. Some mornings are soooo hard but I just remind myself of the reasons why I am doing it and also remind myself that I wont do it after work! Also moving the alarm clock helped b/c im now forced to get up and shut it off!
    Ease back into it and you'll get back into the groove :)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    About 3 months ago I was getting up early to workout. I loved it. But something happened so I couldn't do it. Well im ready to start again. I need help. I just can not do it. HELP PLEASE..
    You can do it! What's stopping you? You can do it.
    I changed my schedule to make time for me, I'm up @ 4:30am, eat a small snack & on the elliptical before 5am, then showered, ready & off to work by 6:15.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Lol, I hear ya! I get up at 5am to workout before I get the kids up and myself ready for work and them for school. Some mornings are soooo hard but I just remind myself of the reasons why I am doing it and also remind myself that I wont do it after work! Also moving the alarm clock helped b/c im now forced to get up and shut it off!
    Ease back into it and you'll get back into the groove :)

This is what I do - the alarm's on the other side of the room so I have no choice but to get up and turn it off and there's another one set for 10 minutes later in another empty room downstairs and as I live alone at the moment, I have to go down and turn that one off too so no chance of climbing back into bed!
  • wingsandgills
    wingsandgills Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My major piece of advice to you is to NEVER AGAIN say, "I just can not do it." Negative thought patterns WILL start to change how you see the world and yourself! Try to figure out what's holding you back. Are you very tired in the morning, and it's hard to get up? Maybe your mornings are incredibly hectic? Try to figure out the REAL obstacle, because "I just can't," is not it!

Second advice: break the workout process into steps, and do the FIRST STEP. If you did the first step, then you can do the second step. If you did the second step, you can do the third step. Focus on just doing one step at a time. You won't always have to break it down like that, but it'll definitely be a way to train yourself back onto a morning workout! So figure out the first step, and do that tomorrow morning.

You said you loved it. I bet you felt great all day when you worked out first thing in the morning. Focus on how great you felt working out regularly, because that's the feeling you're going to have every day that you achieve your goal!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    My problem is that the alarm goes off at 4:50am,i get up and go to turn it off and then i change the time and climb. Back into bed.
    That is my biggest problem.. ..