Hi everyone! Newbie here!

Options
Hi all. I'm Gina. Just wanted to introduce myself! A big hello from Indianapolis! I started my weight loss journey last April. April, 17th, 2011!! To date, I've loss close to 100 lbs!! Starting weight was 247!! I'm making it a goal to lose these last 3 lbs by the 17th! *I think I can, I think I can* :happy: I'm looking forward to meet everyone! I'm so glad there's a "weight loss" community. It's just not about losing weight, it's about getting healthy and fit as well!! My whole lifestyle has change! Determination, self-discipline, dedication has got me this far and will continue!! I've also became a runner!! Currently training for my first 5K run coming up April 21, 2012!! CANNOT WAIT!!

So, don't be shy, now it's your turn to introduce yourself!! :wink:

Replies

• egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello Gina! Great job on loosing 100! And good luck on your 5k. I am Kathryn. If you want to you can friend me :smile:
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome Loss!!!

Welcome to MFP, add me if you'd like, all friend requests accepted!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Welcome Gina, great job on your weight loss !
  • mradke71
    mradke71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job on meeting your goals. The Fitness Pal app has definately helped me. Good Luck on the 5K
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    welcome and good luck :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    hi! congratulations on your 100 lb weight loss! thats awesome!
  • DMRun
    DMRun Posts: 25
    Options
    What fantastic progress!!! Great job! You'll have so much FUN running your 5K :) Jan. 1, 2011 was my first 5K - and I LOVED the experience...so much so that I did 3 more 5K events in 2011, and a 1/2 Marathon in Disneyland this past January, and a 10K in March :) I hope you have a great experience on the 12th. It's a very empowering feeling - don't be surprised if you become addicted to running events ;) There are lots of really fun ones out there!
  • Atifa905
    Atifa905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined. Have just finished my education and after all the bad eating and drinking habits I am looking to drop four stone. Looking for friends and motivators for this fresh start of becoming a new healthy me. It's a real inspiration that you have come so far and good luck on your run.
  • decdav
    decdav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great work on losing the weight! I did my first 5k last September, I’ve since done 6 more, I think they’re great! I also signed up for my first half-marathon in August! (I signed up after finishing my third 5k on Thanksgiving, deciding that if I could do 5k, I could do 21!)