New to myfitnesspal

Options
porrasc
porrasc Posts: 23 Member
Hi everyone! I'm Christina and I just started myfitnesspal yesterday. :happy: I'm looking to lose a total of 75 lbs but I'm aiming right now for only 38 lbs to make sure I actually to go for it. :smile:

Replies

• decdav
    decdav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Getting started is half the battle! I think you'll find great support here!

Dave
  • censuscup
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new too. Short term goals make me feel better too! You can do this! Add me if you need support.
  • DBahlaouane
    Options
    Hi Christina, I'm new too.
    It is my first day today. I have not had much success in the past with losing weight but I am hoping this time I can stick to it :)
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep, you'll find great support on here and deciding to make a lifestyle change is the first step to a healthier you! :) Good luck!
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site and there is no lack of motivation and support. I've been using it for a month and a half and I don't plan on stopping any time soon!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's a long road, but this is a great way to do it! You'll find tons of support and the help you need to make a real change. Feel free to add me if you'd like some friends!
  • MrsLeibas
    MrsLeibas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Christina,
    There are alot of great things here on MFP ... and I sure hope it works for you. I've been on MFP for a while but actually really using it since January and I've started to see some progress. Even though the progress for me is slow, it's still progress and I remind myself that slow and steady wins the race.

Lately I've started wondering if I would see more progress if I had more friends on MFP to help hold me accountable .... because some days I still really struggle to stay within my calorie allowance. I'm still working on that. So I might suggest that you either get your own friends to join MFP or add some of the people already on here to help you out!

Good Luck!
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Baby steps...that's what I tell myself. For you and all the other newbies, feel free to add me as a friend. As someone else posted, this site is full of motivation, encouragement, tips, etc.
  • CMorin2105
    CMorin2105 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Welcome to MFP! I think I've found more support on this site than any other! I have about 50lbs to lose! I'll help support you! Add me if you'd like! And... any one else for that matter! :tongue:
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I've got about 80 lbs that I want to lose, so we're in roughly the same range. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • squirrelygirl82
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP as well! I just started yesterday. I have a lot of weight to lose, and after looking through a lot of Before/After pictures on the message boards, I find myself inspired! I think when I feel like I want to stray from my healthier eating, I will have to go back and look at more of those pictures! Good Luck to you! :)
  • ncarolinagirl81
    Options
    I am new too. I started using MyFitnessPal a few weeks ago. Add me if you would like. = )
  • sweetestpea4
    Options
    Today is my first day...I would love to have some friends for support! Add me if you would like!