"the excuses" struggling to stay focused.

Options
Ok so at present Im in a serious slump. To bring folks up to speed I started MFP approx July of last year. I got really focused on it from like Aug to Nov. I lost about 13 pounds and really truly felt I was on my way to my goal. Then it hit....... "the excuses". I started to get really sick and tired of logging in points and being so "focused" all the time. Got tired of weighing and measureing food. My excuse to stop? Anything and everything. I couldnt even begin to tell you I would use any reason to just avoid being focused. I thought ok this is temporary Il just give myself a break and Ill get back on track no problem. Yeah right!!

So from Nov to present I have gone back and forth with logging not logging excersising not excersisiing. My lasted excuse was I recently dereased my caffeine intake and I was going through HORRIBLE withdrawl so I had to take some time off to deal with that. Then we have the oh so fun monthly vistor and during that time I have to rest and sometimes if symptoms are bad enough I cant do a thing till its all over. More recently about a week ago a friend of mine suddenly passed away which totally through me for a loop. So now Im grieving and feeling depresssed and have been sleeping lot.

My point here is yeah these are all legitimate things all of us go through at one point or another my problem is I have a really hard time pushing through lifes inconvienences and continuing on with my weight loss efforts and This vicious yo yo cycle is maddening. I have accomplished most things in my life why cant I lick this? Its so damn frusterating sometimes. There is ALWAYS going to be something that will deraill us so if anyone out there has some personal experience on how to push through despite the crazy curveballs life throws at us bring it on id love to hear your thoughts!!

Ive gained almost all the weight I lost so now I feel like I gotta start all over..... from scratch.

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. You can do this. I am trying to "teach this old dog" some new tricks. I finally decided enough is enough and it time to be a healthier me. Just take small steps and NOT go all in to the point you get tired. It's not a race to the finish, it is just important to finish! Have faith and you can do this!
  • chelle4282
    chelle4282 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate and I've been through that cycle before. I've been logging consistently for the past two and a half weeks and it was spotty before that. What I've found is that if I just do it no matter what, I feel better. Even if I had a bad food day, if I log it I know it's a step in the right direction.

Just log whether you feel like it or not and eventually it will become habit again.

Keep going, you can do it!
  • jmbedilion
    Options
    I started MFP at the end of February and as of a week ago I had lost 8 lbs. Over the past week or so I have slacked on exercising and eating right and have gained 2 lbs back. Shortly after I began my sister, mom and aunt joined MFP and I had great motivation while they were on. My mom and aunt have both had gastric tubes put around their stomach (years ago) so they couldn't eat as many caleries as the site recommended. My sister has 2 kids and now started an online degree and can't always find the time to exercise. She was also one the site for about 2 weeks and didn't lose any weight. Needless to say my motivation and support are now gone and I'm struggling. I really just wish for friends on MFP page to help me get motivated again. I want to do a 5K but it won't be happening at the rate I'm going. Would anybody be interested in adding me as a friend?