Breakfast Ideas...

Options
aehartley
aehartley Posts: 269 Member
I really need some breakfast ideas that don't have eggs... or egg whites... I am getting a little burnt out...

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, a banana, peanut butter on toast, smoothie, fruit salad, cornflakes or muesli with milk :)
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's ok for breakfast, but I love a baked potato, no bacon bits, butter, cheese or sour cream, just some good ol salsa. Only about 15 calories for two tbsp.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Eat non-breakfast foods. There's no reason you need to conform to cereal, eggs, yogurt, muffins and bagels just because it's the morning. I have friends that eat chicken and broccoli for breakfast.
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Kashi Honey Oat cereal with 1/2 banana, blueberries, fat free milk. Pancake with 33% less fat bacon. Just be careful with the size of the pancake. :)) I rotate between cereal, hot oatmeal, pancake, eggs. I need variety.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Toasted PB&Honey
    Smoothies
    Yogurt, blueberries, almonds
    Granola
    Oatmeal
    Salad. Yes, I like salad enough to have it for breakfast.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner make a great quick breakfast. Reheat and enjoy.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    when I get sick of egg whites, I have a sprouted wheat tortilla with almond butter and fruit on it. or a sprouted wheat bagel with almond butter and fruit.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way so this morning I had steel cut oats with almond milk, walnuts, sliced banana and blueberries....it was different and yummy!! :)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I know you said no eggs or egg whites but this is really good and doesn't taste "eggy" http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=1526

Sometimes I'll have a slice of sprouted grain toast with natural peanut butter or a protein smoothie
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Sleep in!
    Skip breakfast!
    Eat at 2pm!
    =D
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    1. open a can of tuna and drain juices
    2. sprinkle with salt and pepper
    3. grab a fork
    4. consume said tuna
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal 5 days a week at work.

You can put peanut butter in it. Or real maple syrup. Or dried fruit and nuts. Helps keep cholesterol low. :)
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner make a great quick breakfast. Reheat and enjoy.

Second this!

Also, opening things up to breakfast sandwiches...sausage, bacon or even cold cuts with some melted cheese. After I finish my coffee I also like to have 30 grams of dried fruit/nuts mix with a Lara Uberbar for a total of 380 calories...almost entirely nuts, chewy and the binder is brown rice syrup and dates...WAY better than the original Larabars which I think are pretty nasty. Could always double up the nut mix or add some chocolate chips. One of my favorite unconventionals is a hot PB&J. Take a 100 calorie whole grain sandwich flat, spread peanut or almond butter on both sides (2 tablespoons totalling 220 calories), one tablespoon reduced sugar jam and the kicker: one serving of dark chocolate chips. I've also been known to add sliced bananas or diced walnuts, pecans or almonds to this. 3 minutes on a george foreman grill or 2 min per side in a nonstick pan and voila a hot sweet, hearty breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner.
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    I eat oatmeal 5 days a week at work.

You can put peanut butter in it. Or real maple syrup. Or dried fruit and nuts. Helps keep cholesterol low. :)

Try one tablespoon of light olive oil and some brown sugar or fresh fruit in oat meal for the ultimate cholesterol ratio changing breakfast...olive oil with the high monounsaturated fat bias is linked to increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering LDL--two birds, one stone.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Eat non-breakfast foods. There's no reason you need to conform to cereal, eggs, yogurt, muffins and bagels just because it's the morning. I have friends that eat chicken and broccoli for breakfast.

This except I'd eat something more exciting than chicken and broccoli. Tex-mex or Mexican tacos is a personal favourite of mine.