tired

Options
i am so tired. all i want to do is relax and sleep. i work my butt off at the gym and i suppose a weekend of not doing anything is good for my body. my back hurts and my knee too. ugh. i feel like im 30 years older than what i am.

Replies

• helton1515
    Options
    i am so tired. all i want to do is relax and sleep. i work my butt off at the gym and i suppose a weekend of not doing anything is good for my body. my back hurts and my knee too. ugh. i feel like im 30 years older than what i am.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes.... I do think that your body sends you messages/signals. If you are too tired and in pain, it is okay to take a time out. Just be honest with yourself about when you do need a rest and when you are whimping out. Right now you seem like you need a rest!

Make sure you take care of yourself. Eat well, drink lots of water and try to get some sun!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I know that you need to listen to your body. Sometimes when I am tired, it means I am coming down with something. But, sometimes it just means my body wants a rest and if I take a couple of days off, when I return to working out I am ready to go full-out. Also, really be sure to pay attention to joint pain. Believe me, I have had my share of injuries and you don't want to be restricted for weeks on end because you ignored warning signs and hurt yourself!!! I still modify moves because I NEVER, NEVER want my back to go out again like it did last summer and sometimes I am the only one in my class at the gym doing things differently. But I don't care because I won't be HOBBLING home!!! We all are pushing ourselves hard, but don't cross the line to hurting yourself and overdoing it.

Have a restful night!

Kathy
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yeah Helton1515 I felt that way last week, I had a couple of days I was really dragging and then a few days later I was fine. I don't know why either but it comes and goes. Do you take a multivitamin? I started taking one the first time I felt tired. I think they help but I got tired again this month too once. Maybe it's a hormonal thing? I'm going to get a check up and ask my doc. But I didn't try to work thru it I just took the day off. This week I'm fine. Hope you will be too.
  • helton1515
    Options
    i do take a multivitamin. i know me and i know i am trying to push myself with workouts because i have a goal to obtain by the end of january. i just needed some rest and i will be ready to go tomorrow. i just feel weird taking a weekend off.

but my friends did tell me that it looks like im losing weight, so i was very happy to hear that. i will continue "chillaxing" this sunday night and watch the red sox kick the rockies butt and hit the gym hard tomorrow.

hope everyone had a great weekend. take care :)