Pizza Recipes???

Options
Snotori
Snotori Posts: 156
My husband is craving pizza yet we've been doing so great with the help of this site I thought maybe someone out there might have a wonderful healthier pizza recipe?

Replies

• mdulanto9177
    Options
    I take wheat flour torillas. spread prego sause ( I like the chunky with bell peppers and mushrooms), take some mozerella cheese take your picks on toppings ( I like pinapple and ham) and pop it in the oven for 5-10 minutes....until cheese melts...I haven't measured the calories, but I'm sure it has way less than those fast food pizzas.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like to make little mini tortilla shell pizzas. Use a flour tortilla shell, top with a thin layer of pizza sauce (or just tomatoes), a little bit of cheese and whatever veggies you want. I like mine with spinach, mushrooms and onions. One whole pizza ends up being around 200-225 calories or so, depending on how much cheese you use. It's not as great as an actual pizza when that's what you're really craving, but good enough when you're trying to be good. :) I actually really like them...and frequently make them for lunch!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I take wheat flour torillas. spread prego sause ( I like the chunky with bell peppers and mushrooms), take some mozerella cheese take your picks on toppings ( I like pinapple and ham) and pop it in the oven for 5-10 minutes....until cheese melts...I haven't measured the calories, but I'm sure it has way less than those fast food pizzas.
    LOL You beat me to it.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I do this same thing...I use high fiber/wheat tortilla with tomato sauce and cheese. Then top it with whatever I like and pair it with a salad. YUMMY and low calorie!!!
  • kikikins28
    Options
    This cauliflower crust pizza is delicious. http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2011/04/cauliflower-crust-pizza.html.
  • jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i always have trouble getting my tortillas nice and crispy, they end up stale-ish, kind of stiff but still kind of bendy at the same time. what temp/how long/ which oven rack do you use?
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I like to make an Italian Quesdilla. Take two small tortilla shells, inside spread your pizza sauce, low fat cheese, toppings, garlic, whatever. Pop it in a Quesadilla maker and BAM! Pizza. :)

NOW I WANT PIZZA. hmph. :sad:
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Carmelized Onion Pizza is low cal & vegetarian. I've made it for parties and it is always a big hit. I make pizza dough~ a Wolfgang Puck recipe. You can make it whole wheat or use a thin ready made pizza crust..

Ingredients:
    Pizza Crust of your Choice
    2 thinly sliced onions
    Kikoman seasoned rice vinegar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    large handful fresh basil
    1 large diced Tomato
    2 cups cheese~provolone slices or mozarella

Oven 425
    in non-stick fry pan saute two thinly sliced yellow onions in 1Tbsp canola & 2 pats salted butter, sprinkle onions with a little salt. Cook until transparent. Then add vinegar and cover for a few minutes. Then add brown sugar and cook until onions are extremely soft and carmelized.

Spread onto your pizza shell then sprinkle with basil, tomatoes & cheese.

Heat until bubbly brown.

YUM!! Serve with a large wild green salad with a fresh lemon squeeze.
    Enjoy!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I use Flat out Flatbread. The Flatbread is only 100 calories, then you just add in the calories for your toppings. My favorite to use is Sargento low-fat mozerella cheese, Jenny O turkey sausage crumbles, sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, and olives with just a little bit of pizza sauce. Usually comes in around 250 calories for a huge personal pizza.
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do a pizza bowl add all the pizza topping in a large soup bowl. Microwave the mozerella for 1 minute and then add what toppings you want. Very good and filling

Another one I do is use a portobello mushroom as a crust also very good!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Gluten free, low carb yumminess! So easy my kids make it!

http://yourlighterside.com/easy-pizza-crust/
  • danielle7991
    danielle7991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/low-calorie-pizza-toppings-00412000074403/page3.html

Here's a website with some Healthy Pizza topping ideas! There are even recipes without cheese! And Yes I like the flat bread idea so it actually feels like you are eating a "real" pizza!

Enjoy!
    =]
  • danielle7991
    danielle7991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And Here's a recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust....I've never tried it but it's worth a shot!

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    Tortilla shells never thought to do that I'll have to try that :)

Oh flat bread there's a good one I have actually had a pizza like that and it was yummy!

Thanks for all the links I'm looking at the now :P

All such great ideas thanks!!! And pizza nite is going back on the calendar at least once in a while lol!
  • Reban060
    Reban060 Posts: 23
    Options
    If you can, try making the tomato sauce yourself! Premade/storebought often have a lot of sugar in them which is totally unnecessary. Here's what I do:
    1 can of chopped tomatoes
    1 onion
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tbsp of cooking oil (I usually use rapseed oil)
    1 bouillon cube
    1 tsp of pesto
    Balsamic vinegar
    Spices (oregano, black pepper basil, salt)

Chop up the onion and garlic. Fry them in the oil until golden and add the chopped tomatoes and half a cup of water. Add the bouillon cube, spices and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Finish it off with some salt and more spices if needed. If you want a completely smooth tomatosauce you can blend it using a hand blender. This recipe is good for 2 medium-sized pizzas, but I usually make a lot and then freeze it in appropriate sizes so I can just take some out whenever I am in the mood for pizza. This recipe is also great to eat with some pasta, one can just add some lentils, cheese (like feta or mozzarella) or beans and you're good to go!
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options

i tried a variation of this just now and god damn! wonderful, thank you! :)
  • mdulanto9177
    Options

i tried a variation of this just now and god damn! wonderful, thank you! :)

thanks...I'm also interested in trying new pizza recipes on here...
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Flat bread
    spread TBS of salsa
    frozen stir fry mix (peppers, onions :& water chestnuts) I keep this mix in the freezer and use for a number of other dishes
    mushrooms
    chopped chicken
    low fat mozarella cheese

Bake 400 until veggies are done.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have made the cauliflower crust pizza and we love it. Last weekend, I made that as a crust and did a steak pizza (with steak strips, peppers, reduced fat mozzarella and banana peppers). It was great.
    Cooking Light (www.cookinglight.com) has some great recipes. I made a Malaysian Chicken pizza (spicy soy, peanuts,etc) and a Barbequed chicken pizza with that...you could use those toppings on a flatbread crust.
    With all of these pizzas, I still have to be careful of the sodium...but they are a great healthy treat.