40, is it really the start?

Options

Replies

• sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    I cant say if life starts at 40 but at 41 I felt like a 60 year old and at 42 I feel like im 20 again.

Exactly this!!!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in August. I actually can't wait. Didn't care for my 30s -- bring it on! I'm really loving life right now. Kids are older and don't require as much. I have much more "me" time and I like that!
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    46 has been one of the best years of my life.
    No red sports cars or gold chains...yet.
    I did date a bimbo for a while though.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I hope so! Every year so far my life has been getting better and better...

AND....

40 is the year I plan to be free of Divorce Debt, so I will REALLY be free to start my life over again.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

I mean, it's not like I'm going to run out and buy a red sportscar, a leather jacket and date a bimbo.....

Why not?.......lol Whatcha got against sportscars and leather jackets?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    As someone once said to me, turning 40 is a lot better than not. :wink:

I've only just got that. </thicko>

Made me chuckle once I realised what you meant.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    No, it starts at 50, but you can start getting ready if you want :drinker:
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    true that littlepink....!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It doesnt feel like the 'start':grumble:
    I'll be 39 early June..lots of my GF hit the BIG 4-0 this year...I feel its ugly head looming...
    But if getting a young stud muffin, buying a porsche and wearing some leather is going to make me feel better...I'm game
    :bigsmile: :wink:

I like the way you think!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in a few months and to be honest I am getting better with age!! Rock the 40's and enjoy it
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    40 is the new 30 :)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Well, 38 was more the "start" for me. But I fell off the health wagon for a while there. I am back on and hanging on for dear life, God help me. I am about to turn 40, so maybe that will be what makes me stay on forever!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :smile:
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ummm why not?
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed the 40's so far, especially now :smile:

My husband is turning 40 in a couple of weeks. Funny that most people think he's older than me, yet I'm 3 1/2 years older than him.

My husband gets so mad because I'm 5 years older than him and everyone thinks I'm younger than him too! Hes 37 and I'm 42. I do have to say that I love my fourties so far! Much better than my 30s. My kids are all grown and out of the house and I feel like a teenager again! Don't sweat turning 40! Happy 40th birthday!!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    46 and feel and look better than I did in my 20's! So, yes..It is a start;-)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Well why not go and buy the red sports car? ...just don't date bimbos :) Us smart women would be offended!!
    I plan on buying a red vespa (no kids allowed on that thing). I was anxious about 30 because it sounded daunting ... but 40? BRING IT ON!!! I think you just realize who you are and are able to stick to your convictions more due to experience....all those quirky personality traits that made us 'odd' teenagers makes us cool adults....enjoy it and embrace it ... you only turn 40 once :)
    By the way....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

My convictions are solid and don't change..well not without reasoned arguement :)

..oh, and I dont date bimbo's..no sexier thing than a strong, confident, intelligent woman! :flowerforyou:

40 years old AND wise in his age!!!!:wink: I am 47. life gets better as you become better. life is what you make of it so you better make is good! :wink:

☆¸.•*°☼.•*• ƸӜƷ`'*°.

(\ /) ..lιғe ιѕ ѕнorт, lιve ιт.¸.•´ ƸӜƷ

( . .) love ιѕ rare, graв ιт.♥
c
    (")(")✿*•.¸anger ιѕ вad, dυмp ιт.♥
✿

♥•.ғear ιѕ awғυl, ғace ιт. ¸.•*¨`*•..☆ 
♥•.
    ƸӜƷ мeмorιeѕ are ѕweeт, cнerιѕн тнeм *♥~ ƸӜƷ

Happy Birthday!!!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I turned 45 in March... I have my leather jacket but am still waiting on the red sports car & bimbo. I have a Jeep & a redhead but it's just not the same.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I turned 45 in March... I have my leather jacket but am still waiting on the red sports car & bimbo. I have a Jeep & a redhead but it's just not the same.
    lets go mudding! camping and hiking! yay
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I have a Jeep and its a sunny day...
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year and it was hard to accept! But it's great to have the self confidence and maturity that I lacked in my younger years, kids are more independent and I have time to work hard on getting back into great shape and focusing on myself a little
    bit again. I think it's gonna be a great decade!:wink: