New Angry Pot Bellied Guy...

Options
Angry may be a tad harsh...More like embarrassed, ashamed and maybe Lazy dolt suffice. So my story is the typical sad tale. I will never get fat. I can eat what I want. I don't need to workout. Well the late 30's and reality have have caught up with me. The problem is I go through these phases and want to do better. I hit the hard 2 week dedicated phase and join sites like this. Then I run through the soft...miss a day or two here phase, but still seem pretty healthy. So I get a strong month under my belt where I do good and then taper off. Eventually I cancel my gym membership because its not worth paying for if I don't go and become complacent for 6 months till I do this whole cycle all over again. I hate it and I know better. \

I used to be athletic now its a chore to get motivated. Reality and mortality stare me in the face daily. I am not extremely over weight. Honestly to be considered normal I need to only lose about 10 pounds but to be at my peak physical shape 25 is prime and perfect any more and I might be considered sickly. The problem is my 25 that need to be lost sit right on my gut. Heart Attack city. So anyways I am rambling.

I need to lose 25 lbs and I need to stay active and healthy and need to keep my motivation to this. For me and my wife. Anyone want to join or push me along on that journey? I am headed back to the gym today and woudl love to keep in touch with folks on the very same path.

Replies

• drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    you "in the right place" good luck and keep it up...
  • angelique_inspiration
    Options
    Wow.....I can relate. I do the same thing. I wish I had the answers for you but since I do the same thing I'm afraid I'm no help. Hopefully someone on here can give us some advice:)
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well youve come to the right place.... Welcome :flowerforyou: ....6mths ago you would have found me hosting another "pitty party" for myself on being unhappy, fat & miserable... now 40lbs lighter & happier I log on everyday, i have an open food journal & i can give ya a swift kick in the butt if you need it...lol Feel free to add me.
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I am already enjoying the site for the simple fact it keeps me paying attention and accountable.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Angry may be a tad harsh...More like embarrassed, ashamed and maybe Lazy dolt suffice. So my story is the typical sad tale. I will never get fat. I can eat what I want. I don't need to workout. Well the late 30's and reality have have caught up with me. The problem is I go through these phases and want to do better. I hit the hard 2 week dedicated phase and join sites like this. Then I run through the soft...miss a day or two here phase, but still seem pretty healthy. So I get a strong month under my belt where I do good and then taper off. Eventually I cancel my gym membership because its not worth paying for if I don't go and become complacent for 6 months till I do this whole cycle all over again. I hate it and I know better. \

I used to be athletic now its a chore to get motivated. Reality and mortality stare me in the face daily. I am not extremely over weight. Honestly to be considered normal I need to only lose about 10 pounds but to be at my peak physical shape 25 is prime and perfect any more and I might be considered sickly. The problem is my 25 that need to be lost sit right on my gut. Heart Attack city. So anyways I am rambling.

I need to lose 25 lbs and I need to stay active and healthy and need to keep my motivation to this. For me and my wife. Anyone want to join or push me along on that journey? I am headed back to the gym today and woudl love to keep in touch with folks on the very same path.

I hear you. You want to get on top of this because 25 today may be 50 tomorrow and abdominal fat is associated with serious problems; it sounds like you've already been warned.

Stare mortality back. Eat well today and go to the gym. You can do it.
  • Scott2295
    Scott2295 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I am also new to the site and I am 50 and about 30 pounds overweight. My tipping point was Good Friday when I couldn't button the collar of my shirt. I am going to do it this time.
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scott!! I have seen that moment myself. I refuse to buy new pants I just need to shrink back into the old ones!
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome. logging on is kinda fun. it does improve compliance if you have to log every hersey's miniature you pop in your mouth! and look at the calorie content while doing it:smile: !
  • RaysFan80
    RaysFan80 Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome! I can really relate. It's usually a good weekend that throws me off. I always have the "oh..I can splurge this weekend, and start back on Monday" mentality. Monday turns into a month, and I've gained back the ten pounds I got off. It's a wicked cycle. I just started reading a lot of the message boards on here yesterday, and they are VERY helpful and keep me on track. I almost had a mental breakdown over my sweet tooth kicking in yesterday, but someone helped me through it! Feel free to add me, if you want. I see now that having positive, encouraging people is a great way to stay motivated! :smile: