What can I do??? Extra Skin and Stretchmarks...

Options
In the past 15 months, I have lost a total of 100 pounds! :happy: (32 since starting mfp)

I am happy that I have lost the weight, and I feel a lot better... but I have a lot of stretchmarks. Just about my whole body is covered in stretch marks and they are hideous. does anyone know what i can do to reduce appearance or get rid of them?

I also have a bunch of extra skin. It seems no matter what i do it will not go away. I have to wear spandex compression pieces under my clothing all the time because there is so much and it "jiggles" with my every move. I've been doing toning exercises for over 3 months and none of them have done much, if they did anything at all. Is there anything I can to do reduce amount of extra skin and preferably get rid of it completely.

I really want to be able to wear a swimsuit this summer and not feel like a beached whale. I look better now than I would have last summer, but with all this extra skin and all these stretch marks, I can't wear a bathing suit and be comfortable. I have worked so hard to lose all that weight, but I still don't look good unless I'm wearing something that covers the excess skin and stretchmarks (with summer coming up, I can't cover it -unless I wear 3/4 sleeved shirts and long pants all summer)

*I do not have extra money to spend right now, so i need something that requires very little to no money to be spent -Im just a teen and I am not independent from my parents yet (no surgeries)

*Thanks so much to all for any replies/advice. I appreciate it more than you know :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Either live with it or surgery.
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Grape seed or vitamin e oil can hydrate stretchmarks and help reduce their fun coloured appearance. I have the same thing...loose skin and stretchmarks from blooming quickly as a girl, childbirth and yo yo weight over the years. I can definitely understand your concerns! Congrats on your success! That's fantastic!
  • I have bad skin, (don't ya just love genetics) I scar very easy, I have half inch wide stretch marks from having my little girl. I have loose skin, aswell as strech marks EVERY WHERE from gaining so much weight. They were all DARK!!!! Its been about 2 years and i've been using this stuff by strivectin. I honestly feel as though it as helped them to fade alot. I doesn't help much with the loose skin, but its helped fade. It is exspensive though but if your carful with the tube it will last forever. Also there face scrub is AMAZING!!