Yoga & Pilates

Options
Hello, I am looking for recommendations for yoga and pilates dvds. I am a beginner and have never done either one a day in my life so i need to know what would be good ones to try. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sporker101
    sporker101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As far as Pilates, I enjoy the Element Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners DVD. I purchased it for about $10. I still use it from time to time, because it's an enjoyable and effective workout.
  • ldmaking
    ldmaking Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd start with a beginner yoga DVD and recommend any of Rodney Yee's. I believe you can get them on Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/Rodney-Beginner-Gaiam-Colleen-Saidm/dp/B001F76OKC/ref=pd_cp_d_0

It's important to get a handle on your positioning before trying to advance any of the poses.

Good luck! I love my hot yoga class and feel stronger every day because of it.
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options

thank you also :)
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Crunch Fitness has a really good yoga dvd.
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would suggest also going to a few classes if you can afford it, just to be sure that you are in the correct position so you get the full workout and don't hurt anything. Proper position is everything. If you cant, maybe put a mirror nearby so you can check your shape.
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Blogilates.com!! She's also on youtube at blogilatesTV. She's amazing! It's called POP Pilates and all of her videos are free, and definitely give you a slammin workout. Did her inner thigh insanity video just once through (ten minutes) and my thighs were screaming the next day. But in a good way! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Crunch Fitness has a really good yoga dvd.

NETFLIX! Several Crunch videos have an instant streaming option (love the Sara Ivanhoe one) ....... 10 Minute Solutions also has a couple of nice Pilates videos, not crazy about the yoga one. Also on Netflix - Ellen Barrett Pick Your Level Pilates. This is basic & fairly easy. You can start with the beginner modifications & move up to the intermediate modifications when you are ready.

Re: yoga. See if your local library has videos. It took me awhile to find a yoga video I "clicked" with.

Pilates - 5 Day Fit Pilates is a bargain. This has 5 workouts. - the Jillian Hessel workout is beginner, and the Ana Caban ones are intermediate (except the one titled "Easy Pilates")

http://www.amazon.com/5-Day-Fit-Pilates-Caban/dp/B001J65R6Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1334087515&sr=1-1
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump