Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Looking to purchase HRM. Any suggestions. Pros/Cons/Brands????? HELP!

Replies

• SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have one that goes around my chest. Get whichever one has the most comfy strap.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar... FT4, FT7, FT40 and FT60.

Those are the most popular brand/models around here.
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    The general consensus from what I’ve seen on here is that Polar is a good brand to go with. They come in a variety of styles and prices, so it really is a personal choice. I have yet to purchase one, but I think when I do, it’ll be a Polar.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin FR70 with chest strap and foot pod (for outdoor running) and I really like it. The chest strap that came with it is perfectly comfortable, although they do offer a "premium" strap for an additional cost. The only complaint I have, and it definitely could be human error, is that when I use both the HRM and foot pod my calorie burn seems to be less than when I use just the HRM but run the same distance in the same time (outside). I'm not sure if there is some kind of disruption having both the HRM and the foot pod pared at the same time. Anyway - my overall opinion is that it's great for indoor cardio but I do wish I would've paid the $50 more for the model with the GPS as opposed to getting the foot pod.

Happy hunting!
  • lrgammage
    lrgammage Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump:happy:
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions :happy:
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 - LOVE it!! Got it on bodytronics.com for $58.79 (using promo code POPO)!!:flowerforyou: