Clean and lean

Options
Has anybody tried the clean and lean diet? Just looking for feedback and advice. I joined myfitness pal a while ago but have been lazy and fallen back into old unhealthy habits. Feeling motivated and positive to make a change in my lifestyle and body now though (dont feel I was in the right frame of mind when I joined) going to use this plan to ease me into to my transition. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Love pants xxx

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I prefer diets that don't have a naughty list.
  • 13joanne
    13joanne Posts: 59
    Options
    I did it sort off but just felt it was hard to keep up , I look at what I'm doing now and it's a way of life not a diet , I just feel that when I cut things out I want them more !!!
  • NaughtyPants
    Options
    Yeah denial dieting isn't for everyone I was just thinking as a starting point for me some rules might help discipline me! Thanks x
  • 13joanne
    13joanne Posts: 59
    Options
    It might work for you everyone is different , a few girls from work have lost over a stone already x
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Yeah denial dieting isn't for everyone I was just thinking as a starting point for me some rules might help discipline me! Thanks x

There's only one you need;

Everything in moderation.

Track your food properly with Sugar and Sodium as well if you feel certain foods are harmful to you and you'll soon see from the red numbers where you need to improve.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Track your food properly with Sugar and Sodium as well if you feel certain foods are harmful to you and you'll soon see from the red numbers where you need to improve.

Some people benefit from a structured jump-start - calorie content and macro ratios of all different kinds of food is a lot to get your head around if you're not familiar with it. I think as long as it's not a crash diet (super low calorie or cutting out important nutrients), give it a shot until you feel like you've learned the basic skills and can start adding things back in (in moderation).
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    The clean and lean "diet"? Is this just in other words eating clean?

I try to eat unprocessed foods at least 80% of the time. Moderation is key.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Some people benefit from a structured jump-start - calorie content and macro ratios of all different kinds of food is a lot to get your head around if you're not familiar with it. I think as long as it's not a crash diet (super low calorie or cutting out important nutrients), give it a shot until you feel like you've learned the basic skills and can start adding things back in (in moderation).

I agree completely, but there are resources available to do it for free. Paleo eating is something everyone should read about IMO, even if you don't put much stock in the counter-grain arguments they propose because it does provide a basic structure for eating nutrtitous, natural foods.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I prefer women that don't have a naughty list.

fixed.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

fixed.

LOL!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options

fixed.

:laugh:
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I try not eat processed, packaged food. I am finding it easy to eat "clean" - fresh vegetables and fruit, lean meats, fish and chicken.

I also gave up wheat a couple of weeks ago and feel 100% better than I have in a long while - no heartburn!

Gave in to a chocolate Easter bunny today though...lol
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling recently that all these diets that cut out particular foods altogether are just asking for problems and I'm not a huge fan.

I know my body needs a variety of vitamins and minerals and nutrients and whatnot.
    I DON'T know what all of them are.
    I know that if I eat a variety of healthy foods, my body is more likely to get all of the vitamins and minerals and nutrients that it needs in order to do all of the things it needs to do.

I'm just not super keen on completely cutting out something from my diet because it risks my bodily functions...... not.......... functioning............. :/

Anyways you know what I mean.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    And by that I mean food groups. Not like packaged foods. Packaged foods is not a food group, lol. You can go ahead and cut out all the packaged foods from your diet that you want. :P
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat clean, but to me this means little to no processed, fast food or packaged foods. I eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats and fish. I am also gluten free due to tummy issues (IBS and GERD). I do occasionally have a gluten product though I will admit.
    I don't drink caffeine or eat sugar other than my nightly treat of dark chocolate or occasional candy treat and I do use truvia as a sweetener in my herbal tea and smoothies. However let me say that I was having migraines and tummy issues and allergies. These have mostly disappeared. I also wanted to put as little chemicals as possible in my body because I am on meds that I will be taking for the rest of my life.

So I agree with everything in moderation if you don't have health issues. So it's all a matter of what works best for you.
  • NaughtyPants
    Options
    Thanks for the replies helped me think it all through, going to go ahead and give it a go to kickstart my change :)! Feeling very excited about it all. Thanks :D
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know this is a little old now, but I have been on the Clean and Lean diet for 7 days now and I feel amazing. It is not a case of watching how much you eat, just what you eat. You have to cut out sugar, processed foods and alcohol completely, but the weight has been falling off me and without really trying.

This was such a hard diet to start with. cutting out sugar was horrible. I went through hideous withdrawl, my energy levels plummeted, I had headaches and I was in an awful mood. This lasted for the first 3 days, but I was sleeping better as I would only have one cup of organic black coffee first thing in the morning, on day 4 I practically bounced into the office and felt amazing!

Another thing I noticed at the start of this diet was after eating a meal I still felt hungry. When I actually took a minute to think about it, I was full in the belly and I was actually just craving sugar. My body expected something sweet after a meal, it was the strangest thing to acknowledge. I now have none of that. Now the cravings are gone, I don't get this anymore and it's easier to detect when I am actually hungry.

Is anyone else doing this? Should I watch out for anything in the next week?

So far I have lost 9lbs in 7 days (and I think a lot of this will be to do with increasing the water I drink each day). I am looking to sustain this way for eating clean and organic (where possible) foods after the 14 day kickstart is done. I am looking forward to being able to add in a little goats cheese to my meals, but I don't really crave anything now.