200lbs to lose and I have PCOS anyone else?

Options
Hi!
I'm new to the board, but not to my fitness pal application. I've had it now for a year or so. Just I've not dedicated my time to it. I'm 28 with 1 child. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I have roughly 200lbs to lose. I really just want to become healthy, not so much focus on numbers. I would like to have more children, and have a active healthy life! I'm from Oklahoma. Today, I'm "officially" going to start taking down everything I'm eating to see where I am at. I'm going to get my water in today. Which really isn't hard for me. I drink water and fluids like a fish. That is where a lot of my calories will probably be at. I have to have something to drink with me almost 99% of the time! I'm also a bored eater, also where my calories come from. I'm set at 2500 calories a day. Which seems like a lot. In order to stay my weight I think I'm consuming like 4000 calories, or more a day. THAT is A LOT!
A Little more history about me. In 2006 I had the Lap-band put int. I lost 110 lbs. I never really learned how to eat right, so It all came flooding back! I'm always tired, I'm always hurting, and I'm tired of always feeling like crud! I'm ready to be able to run around with my three year old, and go camping with my husband! I'm here to find friends who are in the same weight boat as I. They don't have to have 200 lbs to lose, just know the feeling how trying to become healthy!

Thank you for reading my introduction!! :)

Replies

• rcolve3
    rcolve3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Luck! I have also been battling PCOS for almost 10 years now. I'm also a bored eater, thats why I'm trying to pick up a hobby. Today is my first day on this site and I would like to loose about 60-70 pounds.
  • kmorris123
    kmorris123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HEY there SIL! I've found my success coming from taking the time to write things down in the diary daily. You know that I've started sitting down with the measuring cup, measuring spoon and scales though. You're going to beat this, but you got to take it one day at a time. It's too easy when we are all together to flub up on stuff, kinda like me and the meat the other night. Smoked sausage is my ultimate demise :) It's something I have a hard time stopping once I get the taste of it. Take the time to enter your recipes in like I was showing you the other night too. I have found out just how much of something I can eat that way. I think I might figure out how many calories in Sam Houston soon, using ground turkey instead of beef.
  • leighannwilliams
    leighannwilliams Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We all have the willpower to get through the battles in our life, I guess we just have to activate it.. I have myself a sweet son,and a great husband. I'm tired of waiting.. I'll be 30 next year... If I don't lose weight bet I don't see 31...
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, it will and can happen! Stay dedicated and research as much as you can to fill your knowledge bank! Do what works for you not what works for others!! You can do this!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS and a lot to loose. I've been told that the chances of having children at this weight is slim. We can do it!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Im with you all ladies. I lost 16 lbs since December and my husband and I are trying to conceive as well.. thats how I found out about my polycystic ovaries. Everyone feel free to add me..
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Hey all,

I have PCOS as well and over 200lbs to lose. Feel free to add me for support! We can definitely get this weight off!
  • nicola813
    Options
    I don't have PCOS....however I did have a major health issue that required me to be on the steroids....I was on heavy doses...never saw the weight creeping up on me until I tried on my jeans........couldn't get em over my thighs.....summing things up I'm no longer on steroids(it's been a year n a half)..I'm healthy now but I've gained 100lbs......I don't recognize myself........so uncomfortable sick of feeling fat n ugly....I really hope "my fitness pal" will help me shed this ugly weight.....oh I also started walking briskly on my treadmill an hour a day.......need support sooooooooooooo badly feel like it's just me!!!
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Hi, I have PCOS too, I need to lose 100 pounds. Feel free to add me. We can talk about weight loss and infertility. I have overcome both but ended up gaining weight back after 5 years.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another Okie here! My high was 385, I am at 215 now with a goal of 160-150 ish. I don't have PCOS but I have had my own set of struggles losing. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I don't have PCOS but I initially had a little over 200 lbs to lose. I'm now down to 125 left :-) I'm also an Okie ! Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • greeksenorita
    Options
    Hey girlie!!! First of all: U CAN DO IT!!! Second, thanks for sharing, to me that is the first step to get to a goal! :) I too have PCOS and I have 80 lbs to lose. I have been fighting with infertility for a long time, finally got pregnant with twins, but then had a miscarriage. Lifes lessons can be hard, but beneficial too. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger in many ways--WE can learn to be empathetic and motivate or we can learn to wade around in our misery--for me I have learned that with time and much healing we are much stronger than we think. Our minds can be used to accomplish or demolish. Think to yourself: "I am a strong, motivated and fabulous woman, I am worth it---chocolate cake--move over---because this DIVA is WORTH IT" :wink: Lets do this together!!! My Goal is to lose at least 10 lbs by June!!! What is your goal?
    Good bye muffin top, Helllllooo skinny jeans :) Wii Fit, Wii worth it :) U GO GIRL!!! :)
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have at least 100 to lose..I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and its such a hassle to lose weight, even more so with PCOS but WE can do it, PCOS is just a detour in the road, we have to go a different route but will always end up at our destination...GOOD LUCK!