New and need friends for support...

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to this and just starting today. I've lost before but never been able to keep it off. I think it's primarily because I've always approached it as a "diet" and once I made my goal weight then I could be off the diet. My goal isn't to be off a diet but rather to make a permanent change in my life that will lead to being a more healthy person.

I would appreciate anybody who will lend an encouraging word here or there and I will try to do the same.

Best all,
Dirk

Replies

• cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dirk..... i used to do the same...6mths ago you would have had me throwing pitty parites for myself....now 40 lbs lighter & happier ive come to realize that its not a diet you need to succeed but a Lifestyle !!! Feel free to add me :happy:
  • Dave59
    Dave59 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm restarting here and could use some support. too I sent a friend request.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll have been on mfp two weeks as of tomorrow night. I've lost 4 pounds so am feeling pretty good about the program. Like you, I've been on a lot of diets, but I think this is something I can live with. It makes sense - burn more calories than you take in. I just needed something to help me keep track.
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I accept all friend requests!

Be glad to help