Media 'phenomena' you just don't get....

Options
Bucky83
Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
One Direction? Seriously? Kill me now!

Justin Bieber....enough said.

What don't you get/think is completely ridiculous in the media at the moment?

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

What I don't get is the way teenage girls react with all the screaming and fainting and crying. I know I shouldn't care but I just find it so irritating and ridiculous .
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything on TV.

I turned off the television about fourteen years ago. I have been completely mystified by pop culture ever since.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    any show on E! minus The Soup... I love that dude.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Justin Beiber.
    Lady Gaga.
    Anything shown on MTV.
    The portrayal that women need to be skinny (note; not slim) to be attractive.
    'Reality' TV including, but not limited to, Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity, Paradise Hotel.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

What I don't get is the way teenage girls react with all the screaming and fainting and crying. I know I shouldn't care but I just find it so irritating and ridiculous .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That reminds me of when the Beattles became popular in the U.S. and my mom couldn't understand why her young daughters screamed and cried over the Beattles. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    The entire fascination with celebs and their private lives
    I live close to NYC and have bumped into and seen numerous celebs..I never stopped to give them a second though..Ok, I got a good glimpse out of curiosity but kept moving....
    why would u want pics and stare at them like a caged animal...weird to me
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    The Kardashians.
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The entire fascination with celebs and their private lives
    I live close to NYC and have bumped into and seen numerous celebs..I never stopped to give them a second though..Ok, I got a good glimpse out of curiosity but kept moving....
    why would u want pics and stare at them like a caged animal...weird to me

^ This. I live in Nashville. You run into country / movie celebs all over, and to be honest, most of us "Nashvillians" could care less. But you can definitely spot the tourists.

Unless Bieber is in town. Then all the teeny boppers lose their minds. I don't undersand the fascination.
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The Kardashians.

I'm still trying to figure out how they became celebrities?