easter binge :(

Options
Help!

I was doing so well, until yesterday and chocolate has taken over my brain. I have been so motivated since mid feb and have lost 5Kilos . I need to try and get back in the zone. Advice please !!

Replies

• becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    its okay! i did it too! but didn't you do better than you have in the past? i know i am...just get back on it! no worries because today is a new day to feel good and be healthy
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You had on slip, no big deal! Just give your self reminders of your goals and what you want and don't beat yourself up for a one day binge. We all do it.
  • katiepietaylor
    Options
    Thanks girls. I know it's just one day but don't want to fall off the wagon so to speak.

tomorrow is a new day and all that ;)
  • gmpearson
    gmpearson Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A lot of us had an Easter binge. Just get back at it! I even tried to run last night (and I am an avid runner 20-25 miles per week), and I stopped at 3.25 miles because I was running on a jellybean/cadbury egg fuel concoction :noway:

Anyway, today is a new day, and the diary is looking better!!! Now I need to get my wife and kids to get all of this delicious candy out of the house! :wink:

Greg
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you have chocolate left.....just ration it for the next few days. Don't tell yourself off for eating it, enjoy it, but just in small amounts :)
  • HanPobjoy
    HanPobjoy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was all set for a binge this evening and then I tracked what I had already eaten and I stopped in my tracks. Normally Easter would mean eating whole eggs at at a time and creme eggs whenever, but this year has been different.

Failure is not falling down, it is staying down. So, learn, bin or give away anything you can't trust yourself with, do a little exercise extra and MOVE ON! Remember that eating things because they are there or because you can't bear to bin something is treating your body as a garbage bin! Not good habit to get into.

Don't beat yourself up, a slip is a slip. Try tracking your days food in the morning for a week so you know if you have room for a small treat or not.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I also binged. Not only did I eat Easter dinner, I also went to McDonald's after :-/ It happens! It's a brand new today!
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Anyway, today is a new day, and the diary is looking better!!! Now I need to get my wife and kids to get all of this delicious candy out of the house! :wink:

^^this. well, minus the wife part. Luckily, I think I ate all the really tempting stuff yesterday. Of course, it left me on the floor of the living room in a sugar induced coma for about 2 & a half hours. Glad nobody was around to see my disgrace :(

But today is a brand new day & off to a great start, yay!!!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You are allowed to have a life and eat chocolate. You're not suddenly going to put on 5kg just because you've eaten some Easter Eggs.

Weight loss and weight gain are fluid... they don't happen overnight and worrying too much and feeling guilty is not going to help.

Look at the big picture rather than the minutiae of each day and you'll be fine!
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past” – Tyron Edwards
  • carefulkate
    carefulkate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I slipped too but back on to it now and chocolate is all gone thank goodness just think about all the good things you have done and focus on that instead of a wee slip
    x
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yep! Had one, too. You can do it. Was back at the pool doing laps although I still ate a piece of Birthday cake (my own). I counted it and am still in my calorie count. We all have our spike days or whatever you call it since another thread is having a field day with terminology. It's in the past. We look to a better future.:wink:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i hear ya... i thought i did horrible, and didn't even plan on logging yesterday into my food log. i figured i might as well, and when i did, i was suprised that i didn't do that badly. and i guess i knew i didn't do horribly, but thought i did worse. easter for us is a mid day meal, so i guess it counted for both lunch and dinner, so my calories weren't too out of whack. had i had another meal thrown in there, i guess it would have looked worse.

my advice...log it, see how bad it really was. then start again today. who doesn't deserve a piece of chocolate now and then anyway?!

keep your head up!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Let yourself have what you want on holidays, for cryin out loud. But, don't continue eating once you're full. Stretching your stomach will not do you any favors the following couple days.

Holidays are holidays for a reason. Just pick up where you left off the next day, and don't be so manic.