Good Salad Dressing Recommendations

Options
Hi - I ate to admit this but I love fatty salad dressing such as Ranch or Thousand Island. Of course these are very fattening - so would like to try something better. I don't have a food processor so making my own is tough, but if there are any good store brands you could recommend, please share.

Thank you!

Replies

• shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't have dressings on salads so probably aren't the best person to advise you, but as far as I am aware any balsamic vinegar or virgin olive oil are good alternatives for dressing. I think you can also use fat free yogurt?
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Definitely make your own - it's so simple and bottled dressings are full of weird ingredients. I usually put garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar, honey, mustard, olive oil and whatever else isn't nailed down in a jar and shake it up. Done.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The "Fit and Active" Ranch and Italian available at Aldi's is fairly good tasting.
  • sls3kids
    sls3kids Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try buying the dry ranch mix and using light mayo and 2% or skim milk. It is very good and has fewer calories than the bottle.
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in love with Kraft Light Raspberry Vinagrette. As long as you only use the 2 TBS serving size it is only 50 cals and tastes delish and sweet. I am a fruity salad kind of girl :laugh:
  • dirty_diana
    dirty_diana Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes a ranch dressing using yogurt, and it's pretty good. It's creamier than most of the low-fat varieties.
  • lucy4747
    lucy4747 Posts: 15
    Options
    miso paste, a splash of lemon juice and red vinegar is a tasty salad dressing for only 40 calories but it is not creamy