Ex-smoker trying desperately to keep my weight down

Options
After my last attempt of giving up smoking I reached my heaviest weight at 11 stone 7lbs (163.8 lbs) and at 5ft 2in tall I was not looking my best! I ended up smoking again a year ago and managed to get back down to 9 stone 4lbs (131.6lbs). Over the last few months I gained a stone in weight and as I have just given up smoking again I am desperately trying to keep my weight down and would love to get back to 9 stone. I am now on a calorie controlled diet to help me lose weight over the next few months with the aim to take my mind off cigarettes and to stop me from falling into my old eating habits due to boredom and not having anything to do with my hands.

I would love to get in touch/meet people in the same position as me, or those with the same weight or height. Just to go through this with someone would be good.

Message me if you would like to chat.

Annmarie

Replies

• Rachel2617
    Options
    well that would be me lol. I have just quit in Janurary, I am 12 weeks today I have put on a few pounds and that was with excercising and dieting, but my Doc says that smoking is a natural weight loss (don't quote that) and that is why while I smoked I stayed at a lower weight. She said to just keep going and it will come off, quiting is hard enough plus addind the diet and excerciese just remember to take it one day at time. and you will be successfull. :happy:
  • KarenC1933
    KarenC1933 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I'm Karen. I quite smoking on Januaryd 4. I understand what you're experiencing. What to do with my hands, is the hardest for me. I've taken to carrying around a bottle of water and whenever I want to smoke, I take a swig. I'm part of an MFP challenge where we're supposed to drink the amount of water equal to half of our body weight in ounces. Having the bottled water with me helps me to come close to that goal. When I get really stressed out, I go for a walk. Even if it's just walking down the hall and then down a flight of stairs, it helps me to refocus.
  • Annmariehall6179
    Options
    Thanks for your sharing your advice and experiences. It's reassuring to know that others are in the same boat as me.