NSV and SV!!! Family Game night success!!

Options
So I spent last night playing Dominos with the family. All was great til they brought out the snickers, angel food cake, ice cream, and jerky. There I was with no calories left to spare for the day and somehow, somewhere found the willpower to say no to it all!!!! How??? I just kept telling myself tomorrow is weigh in day, tomorrow is weigh in day, tomorrow is weigh in day... It worked surprisingly! Yay me!! Lol My Hubbins tries to be supportive but sometimes I think he forgets how, as he told me "Dont worry Bay, I wont have any snickers so you wont feel bad". I look over and hes got 4 bite sized snickers stacked up. I shouted REALLY??!! As he proceeded to shove all 4 in his mouth and give me a complete look of guilty innocense!! Lord grant me the serenity..... I love this man, please dont let me strangle him over some snickers!! So I woke up feeling great about it and weighed in to find I lost 3 pounds this week!! Now I feel fantabulous! No junk food would have tasted as good as looking at that scale felt today! :happy:

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot WOOT for willpower! Great job! and Congrats on the scale victory too! That's a GREAT loss! Keep up the amazing work you're doing! :)
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Nice.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That awesome! Good job on the will power hun!!! Keep it up!!!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! I wish I had exercised that kind of will power yesterday. I wouldn't be so afraid of the scale today, lol. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Lindamack5987
    Options
    way to go, its hard staying strong but you did it.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! You find strength from within. Don't expect it from anyone but you.

You won't be disappointed that way.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Excellent willpower! You go, girl!! :flowerforyou:
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOOOOOOO! Good job! I love 'when willpower happens' lol(: y'know, since I started MFP I don't feel like I need to binge on junk food like I used to(: I'm okay with only having maybe one bad snack a day (that I put in my diary, mind you) and the other ones being healthy, or - instead of chips - having baby carrots with my sandwich(: Plus, since the weight seems to be melting off (I'm very grateful for how quickly it's been coming off for me!) I don't want to stall the process or slow it down in any way! If I can keep losing as quickly as I have been, then that's fine by me!!!(:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Crazy how your mind starts to kick in and wants to help.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ..... I love this man, please dont let me strangle him over some snickers!!:happy:

<3 Loved that
    Congrats on resisting those evil urges. Snickers is def one of my weak points, right along with Reese's.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. I probably would have thrown some dominoes at my hubby if he had said he wouldn't have any snickers and I watched him eat some anyway. My will power has been working pretty hard with the Easter candy in the house, only eating one piece at a time and maybe a total of 3 a day. I'm working hard to have those few pieces too.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Fabulous job! I could have used some of your willpower yesterday with all the blankety blank blank candy around. I made myself sick from eating so much sugar! :( I'm proud of you for sticking to your guns and saying no!
  • LilCrissieBug
    Options
    Thanks everyone! What a great journey its been!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!