does work count

Options
I just had a quick question for everyone. Im a janitor at a Chemical plant and i do exert myself quite a bit at my job. Would this be counted as a type of exercise or would it be counted in the normal day to day that is already accounted for when you choose your lifestyle?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I just had a quick question for everyone. Im a janitor at a Chemical plant and i do exert myself quite a bit at my job. Would this be counted as a type of exercise or would it be counted in the normal day to day that is already accounted for when you choose your lifestyle?

If you set your lifestyle to active then it would be included, on the other hand if you'd set at sedentary it would be something to track.

Have you figured out your BMR & TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) etc?
  • maureennorris
    Options
    According to my doctor it doesnt cos your body is used to doing that every day
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    According to my doctor it doesnt cos your body is used to doing that every day

It won't count as extra exercise, but It does count towards your TDEE.
  • Darkfae
    Darkfae Posts: 1
    Options
    I think it does. At my job i'm scrubbing down dog kennels, lifting 50-100 pound dogs, wrestling them for blood draws, vaccinations, nail trims. Some times it feels like a day at the gym. I'm running around consistently on my feet and not stopping. I do not have a job where I sit at a desk. I'm burning calories as i'm going. And i'm doing this for 8-12 hours every day. When I'm done with that I get home and play some dance dance revolution , or i decide to go walking luna for 10-30 minutes depending on how long she wants to walk lol. I think work does count , just depending on waht kinda work you do.