Hypothyroid

Options
sm423
sm423 Posts: 210 Member
So I just found out recently that I have hypothyroid. Some things associated with it: lack of energy, weight gain, slow metabolism, etc. So it was kind of a sigh of relief when I found out there was something actually holding me back from losing weight. However, it does suck to know something is wrong with you and you have to take medication for it. Just wondering, if anyone out there has hypothyroid and if the medication does help your body get back into some kind of normalcy. Any good or bad side effects due to the medications? I've only been on it for a week and a half so I know it's still too early to really see a difference. Thanks!!

Replies

• tree2150644
    Options
    I had Hyperthyroidism which is the opposite but got Radioactive treatment and so now I am Hypo. I take Levothyroxine for my meds and I havent noticed any side effects. I have been on the meds since fall of 2009. My levels were normal until I started working out and then they went out of wack again. The number one thing I can say is make sure you take your meds on a empty stomach and dont take anything else with your meds and wait for at least an hour before taking anything else or eating. I hate Hypo because it holds you back so much on your weight loss it just sucks. But I hope you best of luck.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!